0.7

"7.3 syllables per second, can you believe that?"

"Is that fast?"

My brother laughs at the other end of the line while I scoff "I hope you felt that imaginary slap!"

"Hey, no domestic violence!", Seung-hwan replies and I roll my eyes with a grin "I'm not even close to you, I can't even do anything but hear your voice and you are already calling me out for domestic violence? Rude!"

Seung-hwan laughs once more and I close my eyes, laying back in my bed.

I went as fast as I could earlier in the recording studio and we came up with about 7.3 syllables per second, making me the second fastest out of us four rappers. Of course, we can only get better throughout time, but that doesn't mean Hoseok and Namjoon weren't a bit sulky when they realized I'm faster than them.

"How does it feel to be back?", Seung-hwan asks, widening my smile at the slight change of subject.

"It's great. Of course, since I have an entire dorm to my own because of gender issues, it feels a little empty, but I'm going to the boys' in a bit for dinner. Namjoon said he's bringing takeout with him on his way back from the studio. I can't say no to that," I say, rolling onto my side so I can cuddle my phone between the pillow and my ear and don't need to hold it up. I'm lazy like that.

"You sound happy," Seung-hwan states and I nod slightly "I really am. I mean, my lifelong dream is about to become reality. I'm an idol trainee, I'm filming an amazing TV series at the moment with a great cast, I have a lot of friends supporting me from all sides. Plus, I saw SHINee two months ago, I guess that ecstasy still hasn't left my blood."

Seung-hwan groans and I laugh in response.

"Hayoon, that was two months ago! Get over it!"

I gasp in feigned disbelief "You did not just tell me to get over the fact that I saw my most favorite band of all time live for the first time!"

"Oh I did!"

"I hate you."

"I love you, too."

I roll my eyes and then glance at the alarm clock settled on my bedside table "I guess I should get going in a bit, Namjoon said he'd be back at about half past."

"Did you tell them about tomorrow?", Seung-hwan asks and I frown "What do you mean?"

I can see him facepalm. Actually, I think I can hear it.

"That you're turning eighteen tomorrow, genius!"

I'm close to facepalming myself now. I totally forgot about that, despite the fact that Seung-hwan started the call with singing 'Happy Birthday', just because he loves wishing me bad luck like that. Us singing 'Happy Birthday' to each other a day early is basically a tradition.

"It's not that special of an occasion, oppa, I didn't mention it today. And even if they would find out somehow, I don't expect anything big from them. I mean, it's only eighteen. Not like I'm turning of age or something."

"Well you still have a couple of months left till you're legal," Seung-hwan says and I huff a laugh "Or a year."

"We're rolling with our aging system!", he protest.

"Well then, if we're rolling with our aging system, then there's no need to celebrate my birthday tomorrow, since I've been eighteen for over half a year now," I reply, when a voice suddenly tunes up from the hallway "Hayoon, Namjoon's back with food!"

"How did you get into my dorm?", I yell back, jumping onto my feet and rushing out of my bedroom to find a grinning Hoseok standing in the hallway by the door, who shrugs "You didn't lock."

I facepalm and hear my brother laugh through the phone.

"I'm sorry oppa, I'll call you back. Food arrived," I say, to which Seung-hwan replies "I heard. Enjoy. Love you."

"Love you too."

The moment I hang up, Hoseok blurts out "Sorry about this, I didn't know you were on the phone."

I roll my eyes with a grin "Don't worry. Now, lead me to the food."

We basically race to his dorm, me pushing myself in through the door before him and sprinting into the small dining room.

There, on the table, the takeout Namjoon brought lies on display and I cheer at the sight of kimchi.

I live for kimchi.

I dart to my usual seat and dig right into the meal, resulting in laughter from Taehyung and Namjoon, while Hoseok throws himself into the seat right beside me.

"Thanks for the takeout!", I say in-between bites, making Namjoon roll his eyes and Hoseok hit my arm.

I look at Hoseok, offended "What did I deserve that for?"

"You spoke while you still had food in your mouth. Don't be disrespectful to our food-bringer," he replies, all the while making the same mistake and talking with food still in his mouth.

"You're not better at this! Aish, scolding me for talking with food in my mouth and making the same mistake, you're supposed to be a role model for the younglings!", I point at Namjoon, Taehyung and Jungkook, the first going to retort something, but I beat him to it with saying "Just because you're taller than me, doesn't mean you're older than me and hold more authority!"

Taehyung and Jungkook both stifle their laughters, turning their focus to their food. Yoongi remains silent in all this, but I catch him nodding slightly. Apparently he agrees to my argument.

Yoongi, even though he's kind of hard for me to reach, need to stick together. We're almost height-bros. Him being half a centimeter shorter than me.

"Just shut up and eat," Hoseok rolls his eyes, stuffing some fried rice into my mouth to silence me.

I flick his forehead in response.