Chapter 51

I slightly pause upon hearing this, turns out I didn't just dream of Yuwen Rui last night, but also......called out his name?

"An, Ke, Lan!" He Lian Chen's handsome face is filled with unhappiness, "Must you rile up zhen so much before you're willing to stop?!"

I carefully think things over and innocently say: "Your majesty, you're overthinking it, of course I didn't mean this."

"Then what do you mean?" He aggressively says.

"I......" I gulp, "I didn't mean anything."

He Lian Chen narrows his golden eyes, "Is it not thinking during the day, dreaming during the night?"

I deliberately feign solemnity as I say: "Dream, presumably dreamed it, but during the day......really didn't think about it."

His expression slightly pauses, then darkens again, "Didn't think, yet you still dreamt it?"

I feel my hair rise under his stare, what is wrong with this person? Always dissatisfied no matter how I respond, this just makes responding all the more frustrating, how exactly does he want me to respond? I blatantly remain calm under this pressing situation, looking at him and saying: "How would your majesty like me to respond to this?"

"......" His brows tightly knit together, eyes looking a little dejected, "Ah-Lan, are you that unhappy by zhen's side?

The vulnerability in his eyes makes me feel guilty, my heart suddenly softening. But in the very next second, I find that this isn't right, why should I feel guilt and soften up to him? It's not like I did anything to him. This guy, is actually playing this move on me. And so, I coldly say: "When it comes to serving people now, what can I be happy or unhappy about, as long as your majesty is happy."

He Lian Chen slightly twitches his eyes, but his eyes grows increasingly pure, "Ah-Lan, is it not good to stay by zhen's side?"

I feel a shiver run up, what is he doing? I say: "What your majesty speaks of, I am ultimately Yun Mi's princess, no?" As if I will stay just because you say so.

"Isn't this easy?" He Lian Chen grabs my hands, thin lips lightly starting to speak: "Have someone sent to Yun Mi as matchmaker in a few days."

"Matchmaker?" I laugh, "Then rise from being the eunuch that serves you to a consort that attends to you?"

The happiness in He Lian Chen's eyes slightly darkens, "Can't do this, can't do that, what exactly do you want zhen to do......?"

My face forms a big 囧, this person sure is capable, how could he throw it all onto me? I pull my hand free, calmly saying: "Your majesty is best not thinking too much about it, isn't it pretty good as it is now?"

"Pretty good?" He lowly mutters, when he raises his eyes again, he once again restores his usual dominance, "Zhen doesn't find it any good at all."

Having said that, he covers my eyes with one hand, then leans down to bury his face into my neck, taking in a deep breath. My body slightly stiffens, just as I wanted to push him away, I hear him hazily order: "Don't move if you don't want zhen to do anything else."

And so, I could only quietly let him hold me, a trace of subtle romantic ambiguity spreading into the air. I originally thought, he only wanted to treat me like a hugging pillow and hug me for a bit, who knew that after a while of quietness, he starts to make a move. I could feel the increasingly nearing, increasingly warm breath, beside my ear, then the soft lips flittingly touching down. I slightly turn my head to avoid his intimate action, but all I got was his big hand preventing me from moving further away, as his body and lips presses closer to me.