Chapter 54

Consort Mi and I continued to remain in this seeming firewood storage room for two or three sichen, until the doors were kicked open again. The incoming person is a burly man in black clothing, standing on the man's right, is the Zhao Lu who had angrily left before, on the left is an unfamiliar young woman.

The man in black's cold and sharp facial contour makes him appear gloomy and cold, fine eyes filled with hostility. Both his hands are held behind his back, stepping over the door threshold as he enters, he finally stops before Consort Mi.

Consort Mi disdainfully laughs, "I originally thought you're a dog, but didn't think you're actually a dog that bites back at its saviour."

The man is not agitated, just that his face turns a few points colder, "Those of my status naturally wouldn't be held in your highness' eyes, the one that is held in your highness' eyes has already arrived, I shall let you have your reunion now." The man turns to look at me, a flash of disdain sweeping past, "This must be Eunuch Lan."

I smile, saying: "It is, don't know what business this hero has?"

"No business, just abducting one more person, gaining one more bargaining chip." The man also smiles, yet his eyes are filled with cold gloom. He turns to the two people behind him and say: "Zhao Lu, Chen Yi, bring them out."

"Yes."

The two young women immediately come up and roughly pull up Consort Mi and I, the blades in hand also pressing against our necks. Consort Mi uncooperatively struggles a bit, causing that shaky blade to come closer to her.

The man says with a seeming smile: "Your highness and Eunuch must be very careful, if not, should their hands make a little fumble......"

Threat, bare and undisguised threat ah, this is.

Consort Mi coldly harrumphs, "Chen Yao, I really must have been blind to have saved you back then."

"Your highness is still ever so annoying, no wonder why his royal highness is unwilling to even spare you a glance." Disdain and hate surfaces on Chen Yao's face, "Stuff their mouths."

And so, our only freedom of speech has also been taken away thanks to Consort Mi's provocation, Consort Mi is still squeaking out her words, but no one is able to understand her. I let out a deep deep sigh inside, woman, your name is troublesome.

We are forced into a horse carriage, approximately half a sichen later, the carriage comes to a stop, only after stumbling off the carriage, do we see someone waiting at a spot not far away, and that person is precisely He Lian Chen.

Chen Yao reveals a smile upon seeing this, just that such smile does not reach his eyes at all, "Eldest Royal Highness, long time no see."

He Lian Chen's eyes sweeps across us, finally settling on Chen Yao's body. He also smiles faintly, "General Chen, long time no see."

I secretly curse at him, at a time like this, you still need to keep up your manner and poise, man, your name is pretentious.

Chen Yao says: "Your royal highness came alone as agreed, indeed very courageous."

He Lian Chen appears a little helpless as he says: "Zhen did want to bring people along, just that General Chen had zhen turning left and wandering right, changing the destination several times, hence even if they did want to follow along, they wouldn't be able to."

"Zhen?" Chen Yao's eyes fills up with hostility, "Almost forgotten, Eldest Royal Highness is but the emperor of Yun Zhan now, just that your royal highness, sitting on that seat, do you perhaps feel at unease with a guilty conscience?"