Photographs

TJ's POV

I huffed out a breath as I turned the key in the lock to the dorm, finding it was already unlocked as I dreaded facing my room mates. I was still reeling from everything that had happened with Harry, and I knew that they would have a lot of questions. I was aware that we needed to keep the details of what was going on as quiet as possible, but I also knew that we would need as much help as we could get, and they were the only other people I even remotely trusted.

I knew they'd been just as worried about Harry as I was, and well aware that I'd gone to see him, I just didn't know how I was possibly gonna explain to them what the reason was behind Harry's arrest. I wasn't even sure I could say it out loud, as if the very notion of speaking the lies might somehow make things worse, like the simple belief that it was all gonna go away could be compromised once the words left my mouth.

There was no way in hell I was gonna let Harry go down for something he didn't do, and I knew deep in my gut that everything would get sorted, because there was just no other option. It had to work out, he had to be okay, because if he wasn't I had no idea how I would handle it.

I threw my purse down on the desk in my room as I passed it, making my way down the hallway to find Niall standing in the middle of the living room, shooting me a look as I approached. He widened his eyes, almost as if trying to tell me something without saying it, before he slightly tilted his head toward the kitchen and I turned to see what he was trying to say.

I was met with the eyes of the two men who had come to arrest Harry in the first place, and immediately felt anger rise in me as Liam and Shawn stood behind them looking at me like they didn't know what to do either.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I snapped, not giving a second thought to whether or not it was rude.

"Ms. Tomlinson." Yates nodded in my direction, holding some envelope in his hand. "Nice to see you again."

"I wish I could say the same, but unfortunately I can't." I spat, unable to keep my irritation under wraps, still so angry for the way they'd treated Harry. "So, unless you're here to accuse someone else of something with absolutely no evidence, I suggest you leave."

"We'd like to ask you some questions, if that's alright with you." Rollins smirked, obviously amused at my anger toward them.

"I guess that depends, are you gonna twist every word I say to mean something it doesn't?" I asked. "Actually no, nevermind. I'm not saying a word to you without a school official present."

"This really doesn't need to be that complicated, we just need a statement." Yates sighed.

"Great, then you can get it in a meeting with witnesses from the school board." I said simply. "I'm sure you can both understand the gravity of the situation and how easily things can be misconstrued, so I'd just like to make sure we're all on the same page here."

I could see my roommates exchanging looks out of the corner of my eye, obviously wondering why the hell I was being so difficult, before Yates and Rollins looked at each other and sighed.

"Well, I guess we'll be seeing you shortly then." Yates nodded, and the two of them walked past me and down the hall until they left out the front door.

I released a breath I didn't know I'd been holding as soon as I heard the door close behind them, my heart racing in my chest as I closed my eyes tightly and clenched my jaw. Liam rounded the couch to peer down the hallway to make sure they were gone, turning back to look at me before they all decided to speak up.

"Teej, what the fuck is going on?!" Niall snapped, looking at me like he was desperate for answers.

"Why the hell are they coming in here asking us all these weird questions about Styles, wanting to know every little thing he does?" Liam asked as he looked over at me, trying to keep his voice down in case someone overheard.