23. D O V E

A/N: Just a short chapter but I hope you all enjoy it. There are some very important turns of events happening here, and I hope they will all make sense as we progress on into the book! Please leave comments!! I really want to hear your theories!

~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You have to right your wrongs. Otherwise they always catch up to you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

T H E A R M Y, ربيع الثاني
H I J A A Z

The royal tent was warmly lit. The white fabric was illuminated with an orangish hue from the roaring fire, carrying warmth to all sides. The cot was arranged perfectly, the Persian rug spread over the dry ground. The prince himself was seated on a grand chair that could not be called a throne, but was treated as such in the encampment. His armour hung on a stand behind him, for he had retired it to dress in his Tridarian robes. They were a deep maroon terracotta colour, matching the aura of his tent. His hair was freshly washed and perfume hung around him.

Taimur lifted the goblet to his lips. The amber liquid gleamed warmly in the firelight, inviting itself to course down his throat and enlighten his mind. It was really quite wonderful, he thought as he gazed down into the swirling magical liquid, it had the ability to numb his colourful past.

He'd been resorting to it a lot more since he'd abandoned Hudayfa at the fort. As much as he hated him to his core, Hudayfa made good company - he was on the same intellectual level, could understand Taimur before anyone else. Currently the Crown Prince was surrounded by fools.

But it needed to be done. He could not afford Hudayfa's companionship any longer. He had been dangerously close to trusting him again.

No doubt the silver eyed fiend was enjoying the company of his fiancé. Taimur smirked - Hudayfa would have ripped her to shreds by now, mentally.

How long will you punish him?

The voice in his head whispered faintly. He frowned down at the liquid. You're supposed to be quiet right now, he thought back.

And, he smiled to the flames, this is hardly punishment...yet.

Be careful.

The fabric of his tent rippled as it was pushed aside. Ozer and Yunus entered, followed by Zuhair, each in their armour, unlike their intoxicated Crown Prince.

Doing their duties, the voice hissed, unlike you. Your father would not be pleased.

Not my concern, Taimur lazily replied. He cast the last of the goblet's contents down his throat before extending his hand for the princes to kiss. They did so, before settling down onto the luxurious cushions arranged. A slave boy rushed to their services, arranging a hookah pipe and pouring expensive intoxicants into their goblets.