05

"goodbye, mr. lim." the class chanted in unison, the students automatically stood up and get to their friends and talked. ryejin stood up and get to taehyung, she couldn't even believe how close they've become but as for taehyung, of course, he's getting tiny steps closer to getting ryejin.

"hey," ryejin sat lazily beside taehyung.

"why are you sad? where is hyesoo?" taehyung tried to sound careless.

"she's there," she pointed at the busy girl. "actually, i don't know why i feel down, i feel like hyesoo is hiding something and now i'm confused and concerned at the same time, i don't want to feel like this. it sucks." ryejin ranted.

taehyung patted ryejin a little bit too hard and she squealed, "ow!"

namjoon stood up and ran into ryejin, who is rubbing her back.

"hey, are you okay?!"

*insert slow romantic music*

"o-oh, h-hi namjoon." ryejin tucked her hair behind her ear coy-ly.

"yes, she's fine, now go sit your ass back there." taehyung bitterly spat.

"hey, taehyung, why are you acting all tough now, want me to tell her your little secre-" hoseok's mouth was quickly covered by jin and he quickly dragged his hostage out of the classroom.

"we're sorry, tae! gotta go, we're hungry!" jin and yoongi both dragged the poor hoseok out of the classroom.

namjoon silently left with them, strangely disappointed.

ryejin chuckled, "they're really funny, i guess they're really fun to be with, can we go eat with them?"

taehyung was looking at ryejin's smile so dearly that he didn't heard her. the girl snapped her out of his imagination.

"o-oh. yeah, what is it again?"

"i said, let's go eat with your friends!" ryejin said, chuckling at spaced-out taehyung.

"h-huh? b-but namjoon is there." the boy clearly doesn't want ryejin to get too attached to namjoon.

"what do you mean? that's basically THE reason i will sit with you all!" ryejin stood up excitedly and pulled taehyung to the cafeteria.

"you're mean, ryejin."

~

"so..?" ryejin started. "i'm here to eat with you guys!"

the boys welcomed ryejin, but they still think about what taehyung wants, to be with her.. alone.

"taehyung, eat up." jungkook, a freshman that hangs out with them, said.

"uhh, no thanks, i'll take my leave. bye, ryejin." taehyung said, annoyed.

"psh, why are you even letting me know.." ryejin continued staring at namjoon while eating her food.

"um, ryejin, i really hate to break it to you, but don't you think that.. you're being too cold to tae?"

"cold? what am i supposed to do? act all lovey-dovey with him? oh god, maybe he's mad at me!" ryejin stood up and go after taehyung.

~
namjoon

she's always with taehyung, taehyung this, taehyung that. can't she focus on me? it's all my fault either ways, i'm a coward for not clearing my feelings for her.

that's it.

i'm confessing.

~

"yoongi-hyung, how do you court someone?"

"tell them what you feel sincerely, and make them feel special, buy them food they like, cuddles are important, but mostly, don't hurt them- wait, why do you ask?" yoongi-hyung nonchalantly adviced and asked.

"wow, i can't believe that just came out of your mouth, thank you so much. you look like you've been single your whole life." i ignored his question and ran outside of the cafeteria, before getting a beating from yoongi, leaving the four boys who is stunned by what just happened.

while i was running i saw an figure crying outside the empty hallway.

"ryejin.."

"namjoon.." she called out, it's so hard to take a look at her puffy, red eyes. it's breaking my heart to pieces.

i'm hesitating whether i should hug and comfort her or not.

i'm a man, i should.

i hugged her tightly and sat there in silence, i hushed her while still holding on to her.

"stop crying. i'm here, no one will try and hurt you." i comforted.

"stop getting my hopes up, you'll let me fall for you when you won't even catch me." i'm surprised, this is really unusual of ryejin.

"wait, what? no! it's not like that."

"then what? explain." she said while sniffing.

"i like you, i really do, when you smile i also smile, i love it whenever you're happy, i get jealous of taehyung when you two are together. i like you, ryejin."