|Lance x reader| YOUR GENTLEMAN [15K Special]

~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I am posting a 15K special when it's actually 16.4K right now... I am so sorry. Updates have been all over the place and if I could, I would throw a Chicken Nugget party of apology because I am genuinely sorry for making you guys wait... I really want to eat chicken nuggets now xD

But anyway! I hope you like this new special. Everyone seemed to love the Hunk special (Or at least the people who were willing to comment! Seriously, guys, I don't know if you guys like what I am posting if you don't tell me! I literally stress over updates that have no comments, it freaks me out!). But please! Enjoy this one and if you guys don't like it... I need to know.

Have a nugget! <3

~~~~~~~~~~

You jumped as the locked next to you was suddenly slammed. You glared at the girl next to you who shrugged and walked off to who knows where. This was the normal interaction you had with your locker mate. You were pretty annoyed that you had someone who slams their locker but it could have been worse.

"Good morning." You peered over your shoulder and spied Lance strolling over alone. You cocked your head to the side and leant against your locker with a smile.

"Morning Lance, where's Hunk today?" You asked.

"Oh, he's with Pidge at the moment, Keith and Shiro went out last night and found something weird," Lance answered.

"Something weird?" You asked.

"I'll tell you about it later." Lance stretched the side of smile and nervously rubbed the back of his neck. You narrowed your stare at his curious behaviour.

"Uh... Okay," You answered. "Hey, what are you doing at the weekend?" You asked.

"Hanging out with Pidge, Hunk, Keith and Shiro. We're planning to hang for the whole weekend but do you want to join us on Sunday," Lance answered.

"Oh, I'm busy on Sunday, what about Saturday?" You suggested.

"Ah, that's going to be hard for us to plan, are you sure you're not available on Sunday? We can drive you to where we're going to meet," Lance offered.

"Uh... That really sounds nice... But I'm going to have to decline. Our family is something on that day." You push off your locker and nervously reset the lock before rehandling your books.

"But aren't your parents on a business trip right now?" Lance asked.

"Oh yeah! They are! But uh, they're coming for the weekend for my birthday!" You smiled. Lance sent a curious look towards you before you hurriedly checked the time. "Oof, class starts soon. I'll text if I'm available. See you!" You called out.

Lance looked at his watch and looked back at your fleeting figure. The class didn't start until 9:15. It was 8:50 right now and it didn't take that long to run to Chemistry.

...

Friday was glorious but it was also a whole day of school before being released into the freedom of the weekend. Everyone was buzzing about the fact the public holiday and everyone loved public holidays near weekends because it meant LONG WEEKEND!!!

Everyone rushed out of the school, piling onto the buses to be the first to escape. You, however, already had a ride. They were usually late but it was a ride nonetheless. Lance and the others walked by as they climbed into Shiro's car. Lance offered his seat for you but you kindly declined to say that you already had a ride home. He was a little deflated at your decline but offered a smile.

"Hope you have a great birthday! Let me know if you want to hang out with us on Sunday!" Lance called out.

"Sure thing!" You replied. You took a seat on the concrete stairs in front of the school and waited. You tapped your foot on the ground, played a few games on your phone until you procrastinated about data and felt your butt buzz as a message displayed onscreen. 

Hun, you were supposed to be back an hour ago, did you miss the bus?

Your teeth fuzzed against your lips as your censored your own mouth from swearing. The bus you were supposed to take left and you were the last one in the school parking lot. You forgot that your parents weren't picking you up because they wanted to surprise you and forgot to take the bus instead of waiting for your parents.

You screamed internally and checked the bus schedule and almost swore when you remembered about the public holiday. You ran to the nearest train station hoping that your mother was NOT going to call you. Anything but that before your birthday!

Your legs were screaming as much as your internal-self was when you stepped onto the train station to see the doors closing. You sprinted towards the closing door and dove through. Your foot was caught for a second before you yanked it out of harm's way. You sighed, slamming your head onto the cold metal floor.

"That's not very hygienic young miss," A voice coughed. You wearily looked up to see the train filled with a mix of middle-aged and elder couples. You cringed and slowly got up from the floor hoping your dress didn't flip too high.

"Sorry about that," you apologised. The elderly man chuckled. 

"It's all right, miss, I'm sure you had your reasons." He flashed a white smile under his broom moustache before hiding his face behind a newspaper. You envied him and wished you could hide your face at that moment. All you could do before the train arrived at your station was hope that your parents would not call the cops because you were going to be home two hours late.

...

"Oh! There you are! I thought we were going to have to call the police! Your present is on the table, happy birthday (y/n)!" Your mother quickly kissed your cheek before returning to her call. She was still in her work clothes and you could see your father in the den spewing all kinds of documents on the floor. You sighed and walked over to the table.

A neatly wrapped box was placed on the table with a scented letter. Roses were placed to the side along with movie coupons for about six people. No, wait it's just four people. You smiled at the lavish gifts but looked out of your expensive kitchen hearing your parents talk to someone else. 

"Yeah it's my daughter's birthday, I should have the weekend off! What are you talking about Jeremey? You were able to take the weekend off on your kid's birthday why can't I?"

"It's the freaking holiday Jer if you don't let us have a break I will pull a sickie"

You tried to pull your smile further knowing that they were trying to spend more time with you but you sighed it off. You looked at the box and unwrapped it to find a new phone, laptop and car keys. You dropped your mouth open and looked at the new set of keys. You rushed to the den but stopped midway. Your parents were in a frantic mess and it looked like they were going to fight again. 

"I'll... Thanks, mum and dad." You looked at their tense bodies and walked back to the kitchen. As lovely as these gifts were, you really wanted to spend time with your parents more than anything else. Maybe spending time with Lance would be better since you doubted that your parents would be able to find a break from their work. 

You dialled his number on your phone, tapping your foot on the marble floor. 

"Hey (y/n)!" Lance chirped.

"Lance! Hey, is your offer for Sunday still standing?" You asked.

"It sure it, do you want me to pick you up?" Lance asked. You looked over at your new car keys and smiled.

"Actually, I'll come over to your place, I've got a new car" you answered.