Arc 1.1

Cerise was taking the best nap of his life. His new body seemed to contain a bonfire in his stomach and it was making him feel so comfortably warm and though he has a lot of sharp scales, he's as flexible as a feline; allowing him to rest peacefully on the ground, occasionally letting out small plumes of smoke as he snored.

But the nap was soon interrupted due to his System calling him.

[System: Host~ Host~ Host~ Wake up~ Host~ HOST~!!! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ ]

Cerise yawns. "I'm up, I'm up."

[System: Host, you're awake! O(≧▽≦)O ]

Cerise stretches out his body, his large mouth opens in another yawn, showcasing his large teeth and serpentine tongue.

Cerise: What is it Jing?

[System: Host, many people are coming~! ]

[Plot Task: Defeat the Prince of Juniper. +100 points ]

Cerise: Hm? Plot task?

[System: Ah! It's host's first mission! You can do it~ Jing believes in host~!! ]

Hmm? Cerise looks ahead.

To get to the castle you have to cross the stone bridge that connects it to the forest. The guardian (Cerise) is positioned at the end, blocking the only way to the castle entrance.

With his new amazing eyesight, Cerise can see a large group of people marching towards him in a long line. Along the line there were a few expensive-looking carriages surrounded by knights. The rest walking in an orderly manner.

He notices that the groups of people were together but they seemed to be divided by color or style of armor, plus, there was the noticeable flag carried by each head of the marching group.

Cerise: Is this what you meant by tradition? They send people from each country along with knights to fight me?

[System: Host! How did you know?! My host is too smart! Each of the carriages carry a prince from their own kingdom. The knights won't fight, apparently they're there to show off their military strength to the others. ]

Cerise nods in understanding, looking further he sees a shabby carriage at the line back with much less knights to protect it. . . . I guess some were sent hoping for honor and others were forced here to die. After all, not one has been able to make it back after facing the guardian.

There was the large pile of skeletons as proof.

The group of people then separate to make camps in the forest after they get close enough. Setting up large tents and campfires. Cerise looks at them in amusement, some of the knights were looking at him through binoculars, scouting. He growled a little to tease them, they rush back in fear. He chuckles then snorts. Wimps.

The more gaudy ones made their camp far away so the shabbier one was pushed to make camp at the edge of the forest, nearly at the opening of the bridge. The only thing separating them from the dragon was the 20meter stone bridge.

They seem to have finished setting things up. By then, the moon was high up and the stars were scattered across the sky. The only sound was the loud, boisterous laughter from the richer kingdoms, they seem to be wanting to drown out their fears with alcohol.

Knowing that Jing will alert him if any come near he decided to go to sleep. But before he could he kept feeling an intense gaze on him.

He looked over to find the owner of the shabbiest carriage staring at him. From where he was he wasn't entirely sure, but he could tell that that prince was very handsome. He somehow had this mysterious yet alluring aura to him.

As expected of a prince. I'll call him The Pauper Prince.

He was still staring at him so he snarled, showing his sharp teeth, but the other man didn't flinch while the knights close by yelled out in fright.

Hmmm, interesting. I like you. Since I like you, I won't kill you, you're lucky you caught the eye of this benevolent one.

Cerise "humphed" then promptly went to sleep.

He didn't catch the flash of amusement crossing the prince's eye.