Chapter 13

"The full soul loatheth an honeycomb; but to the hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet." -Proverbs 27:7

BANG!!

Connor didn't pull the trigger yet.

Who did?

Who shot him?

He looked at his back slowly to see you at a distance, with shaky hands.

Ah, you again.

He knew you were stubborn, he knew you will be in his way. He knew you won't just be an avoidable obstacle, you'll be the boss.

He wants to kill you, but didn't.

Why?

Why would he chose to spare you? Why??

With one more look at you, he collasped.

At least the last thing he'd see is you...

You looked at Connor's body before dropping the gun due to your uncontrollably shaky hands. Tears started to form as you put your hand over your mouth.

You knew you're going to do that somehow, but doing that was.....rather scary.....

Connor was your partner, you can even consider him as your friend if he wasn't so obsess with his mission. But if he wasn't your friend, then why do you feel so bad when you shot him?

Hank placed his hand on your shoulder as he sighed. No matter how much of a trouble Connor was, he still doesn't want him dead. He still believe he can still change, but now....

"don't worry about it, (Y/n).." Hank said as you looked at the ground. The doctor android looked at you with pity before looking the SWAT. They really are retreating, but why?

"I have asked the soldiers to retreat, and had reconsider to wether let the androids live or not. Perhaps, maybe now is the time to maybe accept the androids as a new intelligent race."

"We...We did it..." Josh whispered, "We did it...!"

"WE DID IT!!!" Most of the androids shouted, hugging each other as they celebrate at the fact that they finally gained their freedom.

"We did it, Markus. We did it!" North smiled, looking at Markus happily. However her smile fell when she saw that Markus wasn't smiling, and didn't even look at North. He simply just looked forward, eyebrows furrowed in sorrow and pity at something. "...Markus..?"

North followed Markus's gaze to see you there, kneeling down and burying your face in your hands. " (Y/n)...?! I thought she died..?!"

"She saved me.." Markus whispered, North looked back at Markus bewilderedly. "An android was about to shoot me, but she shot him first to save me..."

"Wow.." North looked at you with slight admiration. "She's a brave android.."

That made Markus stiffened up a bit, but relaxed as he reminded himself that North and the others still believed that you're an android. "....yeah..." Markus glanced at North. "The android that she shot? He was her close friend. He didn't believe that androids should be free, so..."

"I see..." North slowly looked at Markus. "Must've been hard for her..."

"Yes..." Markus held North's hand. "Very..."

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

You looked at Fowler with dull eyes, with Hank next to you. "Well, after everything that had happened...you two are back on homicide. And with the new law that the President had announced, you'll be handling Android Abuse as well." The captain said, ignoring your gloomy appearance. "...after your week-long vacation of course."