Baby, its Cold Outside

WARNINGS: swearing.

------------------------------------------------------------

"I love snow!" Rapunzel trilled, throwing the soft dust in the air as she spun around, her braid swinging as she did. Eugene stood behind her, his arms crossed, his face gloomy.

"I hate snow," he grumbled, and ducked as Rapunzel's braid came flying at him again.

You chuckled.

"Come on Eugene, lighten up," you teased, balling some snow in between your gloved hands. He glared at you.

"Kid no, don't, not the face," he pleaded, and you laughed.

"Aim at his nose," Cassandra shouted as she laid across the bench, one arm behind her head, and one holding a knife, which she used to cut icicles off the tree branch above her. You smirked.

"You got it, Cassie," you promised, and threw it at Eugene. He ducked, and it hit Rapunzel. Eugene laughed.

"Sorry Blondie," he joked, and she shoved him. Cassandra raised her eyebrows.

"Cassie? You've been spending too much time with Varian," she jested, her knife swinging at the hanging ice. You nodded your head.

"I have been around his house a lot lately," you admitted. Eugene raised his eyebrows, and Rapunzel gasped.

"You've got a crush!" She squealed, pointing at you.

"Who's got a crush?" Someone asked from behind you. You spun around, face to face with Varian. He wore a thick coat that only fell to his hips, a green scarf pulled up over his mouth, and a baby blue beanie that hung loose at the back of his head, allowing his bangs to hang free. His nose was bright red, and his eyes were watering. He looked bloody freezing.

"Oh, hey Varian," you said with no particular emotion. Cassandra sniggered.

"Yeah, hi Varian," Rapunzel teased, and you shot her daggers.

"Hey Raps, hey Cassie," Varian waved, and Cassandra snorted.

"Cassie. See, I told you."

You ignored her.

"Varian are you okay, you look half frozen to death," you giggled, your hand rising to your mouth, the wool tickling your lips. Varian visibly shivered.

"Yeah, no shit Sherlock," he said sarcastically, as you nudged him.

"Hey, watch your language," You scolded, then tilted your head at him.

"What does that even mean?"

"I have absolutely no idea," he admitted, and you snorted.

A guard walked up to Rapunzel and said something in her ear, something that made her bounce with delight.

"Thank you, Stan!" She said excitedly as the guard walked away. She clapped her hands and hopped on her heels.

"Guys, the hall has been decorated for the ball, he says we're free to go in now!" She squealed, Pascal crawling out of her pocket at the noise.

"Anywhere is better than out here, its too cold," Cassandra shivered. Eugene smirked at her.

"Really? I thought you'd be right in your element, Cassandra," he quipped, and everyone giggled, even Rapunzel. Cass ignored him, though, walking up the icy steps to the great doors of the castle.

"You coming," she shouted behind her. Varian chattered his teeth.

"I think Varian's physically frozen in place," you laughed, and playfully pulled at his arm. You could tell he was smiling at you, his eyes softly lighting up, muffled laughter coming from beneath his scarf. You blushed.

"Come on freckles, wouldn't want you dying on me," you joked, and pulled Varian inside.

-----------------------------------------------

You pushed Varian into a broom closet.

"Wh- ow!" He exclaimed, rubbing his head. He looked around, observing the cramped place they were.

"This is the most hidden closet in the castle, if Cass finds us here, she must be cheating," you explained, pulling the door closed. Varian wrinkled his nose.

"It's also the smallest in the castle," he muttered, and you put your hands on his chest, which was very close to yours in the confined space. You smiled flirtatiously.

"What? You upset to be close to me?" you teased, running your finger down his shoulder. He smiled.

"Of course not," he smiled too, tracing your jawbone with the palm of his hand. He leant in and kissed you, his warm lips lighting up your frozen face. They were slightly chapped, but the grooves in his skin made it feel realer, as you could feel all the personalised indents as you pushed in harder. He pulled away, his face pink.

"I still can't believe we've kept our relationship a secret for four months," you marvelled, and Varian laughed quietly.

"It's been difficult. I wanted to kiss you so badly when we were outside," he purred, and you felt your face lighting up. Varian could be surprisingly seductive when he wanted to be. He could also be incredibly awkward. Both were cute.

"Well, you know freckles, I'm still cold," you sniffled, "why don't you warm me up?" He smiled at that, and leant in again.

You kissed him harder this time, holding his waist with one hand, as he held yours with both. Your noses squished together, and you held back a giggle as he moved his lips, kissing you harder. His height was a luxury you didn't afford to have, as he stood just a few inches above you, which wasn't much, but it was enough to make you feel secure and protected as he pushed his lips down on you. You breathed in heavily through your nose, and ran your hands up to his neck, where you wrapped your arms around it.

"Found them," a voice chuckled from next to you, making you and Varian pull apart at once. Your faces both lit up red as you observed Cass, with Eugene, both staring directly at you. You were hyper conscious of the fact that you still had your hands in Varian's hair, and that his were still wrapped around your waist. You coughed and pulled your arms away, prompting your boyfriend to do the same.

"Hi," you said, and Varian snorted.

"Real smooth," he teased, his shoulder leaning against the wall. Cass stared at you, her face eyeing you like prey. Realisation hit you.

"Don't tell Rapunzel," you pleaded.

"What? Don't tell Rapunzel that we found you making out in the broom closet? Now, what kind of responsible adults would that make us?" Cassandra joked.

"Responsible adult my ass," Varian muttered, so naturally, you hit him.

"I didn't ask for your sarcasm, mister," you scorned, and he rested his head against the wall, looking at you out of the corner of his eye. You had to admit, the sight made your heart flutter, but you didn't show it.

Eugene gagged.

"I think I'm gonna throw up," he cringed, pointing his finger into his mouth.

"I could say the same thing to you when you and Rapunzel do that nose rub thing," you added, and Eugene rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, we rub noses. It's cute. We're not in public with tongues down each others throa-"

"WE DIDN'T- EW EUGENE THATS GROSS- YEAH WHAT THE HELL?!" You and Varian chorused, disgusted looks on your face. Cassandra smiled.

"Technically, they weren't in public, Ryder, we did bust in on them," she admitted.

"Still," Eugene huffed.

"Hey you found them!" Rapunzel ran over, her face completely oblivious. Her eyes glinted as she saw Varian and you.

"That's an awfully small closet, isn't it," Rapunzel teased.

You and Varian looked at each other, and then at Eugene and Cassandra.

"You have no idea," you all laughed.