Chapter 45

I get Hunter's reserve about Laurel

        I get Hunter's reserve about Laurel. There's a difference though, he knew her then and I know her now. I genuinely think people can change, I've never got a bad vibe from her.

I've always has good instincts when it came to knowing if someone was being real or fake and I simply never got that feeling when I was around Laurel.

Was I going to listen to Hunter? Hell no. Maybe if he gave me a more valid reason, then yeah. He's going off of his assumptions of her in high school. I mean everyone does some questionable shit in high school, but should they be held accountable for the rest of their life?

I didn't want to argue and do this back and forth shit with him which is why I let it go.

Hunter and I were currently taking a walk around Central Park hand in hand. This is the one place I really wanted to visit, but had yet had a chance to until now.

It was a quiet walk—Hunter in his own little world and me in mine.

"Hunter?" I called out causing him to zone back in

"Huh?" He said out of surprise

"You okay?" I question

"Yeah I'm good, just thinking" he said simply

"Oh okay" I said. This is just awkward.

"Uh you want some ice cream?" He said pointing to the parked ice cream truck a few feet away from us.

"Sure" I said

"What would you like?" He asks

"Just get me whatever you're having" I said letting my hand slip from his

"Okay I'll be back in a second" he said with a smile before jogging towards the truck.

I sat on the nearby bench as I watch the truck owner and Hunter's interaction. I could tell the guy was a fan by how enthusiastic he was. This lead to him taking a selfie with him and signing his autograph before walking back over to me.

"Here you go" he said handing me my ice cream with a bright smile on his face

"Thank you" I said as I grabbed it getting up from my seat to continue our walk

"You really love your fans don't you?" I questioned after seeing he was in a brighter mood

"Oh yeah" he said scooping his ice cream "didn't hurt he gave me free ice cream" he said chuckling

"Oh because you really wouldn't have been able to afford it" I said sarcastically causing Hunter to bump to me the side.

"You're so annoying" he said laughing

"What its the truth" I said laughing along with him

"Aye look over there" Hunter pointed discreetly to a paparazzi hiding in a bush