35

Today's the day the cafe's officially getting it's make over and Lisa made you in charge of supervision. You're currently addressing the design team of some aspects that needs major changing.

Like the wall behind the counter. Lisa wants that boring color and shelf out of the way for something more modern looking.

After five minutes, they start getting to work.

The bell above the door chimes, indicating a customer. A tall, beautiful woman steps inside and begins looking around. She's clad in white flowy long sleeve with the front hem tucked in her beige pants.

You could've sworn you turned the sign to 'close'.

"I'm sorry, ma'am but we're closed for the day."

"Oh my. Really?"

You nod your head. But the more you stare at her, the more you feel like you've seen her before.

She flutters you an elegant smile, gliding a palm down her upper attire

You begin to notice men in black suits piling outside the cafe and skepticism floods within you.

"I see. But if you don't mind me asking. Are you perhaps, Y/n? Your mother's Jia right?"

"How do yo-" And then it hits you. You widen your eyes. "Y-you're-... Your highness?"

She chuckles softly, eyes twinkling with amusement. "It's been a while, dear. Good to see you're doing okay."

Later That Evening

"Wait. Let me get this straight." Lisa holds a hand up. As if to say give her space to think. Clamping your lips, you place a pillow on your lap.

"The Queen entered the cafe. Inside the cafe. While it still looks like rubbish." She takes a few seconds to digest her own words and then grinds her teeth together. Then blinks her eyes to collide with yours. "And she asked you for a favor?"

You nod your head.

"You're telling me the Queen of Deagu came all the way from her place just to ask for a favor from you?"

"How many times do you want me to clarify that?"

She grabs a fistful of her hair and tugs. "I've heard a lot crap from Jin today so I just want to be sure. Anyway, what did she want?"

"She wants me to convince Taehyung to return."

Silence reigns king after that. And it's not until you lift an eyebrow to question the sudden quietness.

"Well." She breaths out, seemingly unaware of what to say next. "You're in for a ride."

"I'll just tell him and get this over wi-"

"Just tell him?" Lisa parrots your words in disbelief. "The queen wouldn't have come here in the first place if it was that easy to convince him. Y/n, listen. I don't think Taehyung's going to give in that easily. Especially if his mother has a girl waiting for him in the palace."

"Why won't he?"

Lisa blinks, and then shakes her head in what appears to be disappointment. She tucks a strand behind your and says. "Y/n, Y/n, Y/n. My precious oblivious friend. You're smarter than this. Anyway. Get some sleep. We're heading to the cafe early tomorrow."

That said, she hops out from your bed and exists the room.

Hours pass by and morning eventually arrives. You help clear out the shelf as Lisa talks with the team leader. Apparantly, her mother's already set the date of her arrival and she's asking if it's possible to fasten the process.

The door glides open and a familiar figure steps inside, inclining his chin at you. Taehyung approaches the counter and leans, peering over it.

"Need any help?"

"I'm good." The conversation you had with his mother yesterday suddenly comes to mind. She said Taehyung had been refusing to return and that left her no choice but to reach out to you.

"You two were inseparable as kids so I know he'll listen to you, dear."

Those were her exact words.

Fingers snap in front of your face, tearing you from your thoughts. You look to your side and notice Taehyung staring at you weirdly.

"You were saying?"

He points at the box between your palms. "I asked you if wanted help with that?"

You extend it to him and he takes it, grunting a little from the surprise heaviness. "Where do you want this?"

"At the back storage." You respond before getting back to work.

A few minutes after he walks away, a sudden clash resonates the walls.

Without flinching, Lisa yells from across the room. "Can you see what was that, Y/n."

It came from the storage. That's for certain.

You abandon post and enter the path that leads to the said room and push the door open only to see Taehyung hissing under his breath.

One hand's clutching his arm as if-

"Did you cut yourself?" You run to his side and strip the gripping hand away only to see red oozing out from his skin.

There's also shards of broken glasses scattered all over the floor.

"How did this happen?"

As you take out a clean cloth and tie it around the deep cut on his arm, you fail to notice Taehyung's dark gaze lingering on you.

"There. I'm sure Lisa has a first aid kit. Let's go." You grab him by the shirt, ready to pull him out of there to properly treat the wound only to get pulled back.

You wince when your spine comes into an abrupt contact with the wall and he traps you there.

Not a sign of pain can be seen in his face when you look up.

"What-"

He cuts you off, tilting his head to the side as he stares at you through glaring eyes. "I heard my mother paid you a visit yesterday. What did she say?"