Woman To Woman

That evening, the Igoh guests and Prince Cael decided to take their dinner in their rooms, while Emmy and her men along with the soldiers were in the dining hall.  The room was filled with jovial conversation and laughter when suddenly a soldier came running through the hall and handed Seoras a message.

After opening and reading the message, he gave it to Emmy to read, before she gave it to Dominic and Gengrick to read as well.  

Inside of the message was a notice that Lord Edie of Maru, along with Lady Avina and Lady Margaret were on their way to the city.  They had just crossed Ceco’s borders and was estimated to arrive to the city in three days.

Seoras took the message and burt it with the candle in front of him then when it was ashes, she drowned them in wine.  Everyone in the room quieted down when the messenger came into the dining hall. They all watched as all four of them read the message, however the soldiers couldn’t tell if it was a good message or a bad message.  And why did Lord Seoras burn it afterwards. Their curiosity was peaked, however they were unwilling to ask Lord Seoras what was in the letter.

Emmy’s heart beated wildly as she hid her emotions.  All her enemies were being delivered straight to her door.  She couldn’t wait to entertain her enemies and kill them all in one move.

~~~~~

The next three days the castle was calm.  It was as if what happened to Sir Colton and Minister Robin, taught Lady Heather a lesson.  However Emmy knew, it was the calm before the storm.

Lady Heather kept to herself on the first day. On the second day, she was still angry and embarrassed that not only did her plan not work out as she planned, but Emmy embarrassed her in front of everyone.  Just the thought of Sir Colton adamantly denying any feelings of liking her as well as any connection to her, made her feel worthless.

Why was her life so unfair?  As young childern, Emmy was the smartest in the class.  The only girl Arashi played and teased in school was Emmy.  And when they were growing up, Emmy was the only girl Arashi’s eyes followed.  Even after all theses years, there was no other woman beside him, and yet his eyes still searched for her.  

Heather stayed by his side all these years, chasing other girls off and yet, he never looked at her the way he looks at Emmy.  Her heart hurt with sadness and longing. Why did Emmy have all the good luck? Why was life so unfair? How did she escape Cherry Blossom House?  How did she get married with Lord Seoras? How did she meet Prince Cael and why does Prince Cael like Emmy so much?

Heather threw the tea cup across the room and it shattered when it hit the wall.  The maids standing by the side of the room shivered in fear. Their Lady was mad. They knew they would be punished sooner or later.

How did Emmy attract so many men, when she couldn’t even get one measly scholar to like her?  How could she let Emmy win so easily, just because she failed?

Heather’s heart hardened and her determination tightened.  She will make Emmy lose everything, even if it cost her her life.  Heather stood up and ordered everyone to draw a bath for her and pick out her most beautiful dress.  It was time for her to stop wallowing in her sadness and face Emmy. Woman to woman.