36

This isn't exactly the best position to start sharing your side of the story, but something tells you he won't move unless you talk. 

So you get straight to the point. Sort of. 

"She asked if I could do her a favor. Told me about how you refuse to pay her a visit and so on."

He should be smart enough to put the pieces together.

Taehyung's firm stare stretches to a minute to which you raise an inquisitive eyebrow, wondering if he gets it.

The air is filled with silent noises as you wait for a reaction. Anything. But nothing. His lips remain tight. At this rate, you begin to wonder if he understood you or not.

"She wants you to go back." You eventually spill out like you're taking a bandaid off. 

Taehyung blinks his eyes and casually utters the word "Okay." like he knew what you meant from the beginning.

Okay? That's it?

He's about to leave without saying anything else when you throw a question his way.  "Well, are you?"

Taehyung's melodic voice morphs into a tease, and he looks back with a superior smug flashing his face. "What do you think princess? Should I?"

"Um." You say hesitantly. "Yes?"

He really should. From what you heard, this isn't something he should miss. 

"I'll go."

You blink in surprise.

You expected him to be less accepting, to be honest. Lisa might have been wrong about him giving you a hard time.

"Oka-"

"But-" When he points an objective finger in the air, you feel like you've been punched on the throat. "Under one condition."

You have a bad feeling about this.

"And that would be?"

"You have to come with me." 

Why does it feel like you're given no choice but to comply? There's a nagging feeling that this condition will push through regardless of what you give as a response. 

Or he could be joking.

He's got to be.

The seriousness he exhibits in his tone tells you otherwise.

"What? No." You give him a straightforward response, almost like you're yelling before walking past him to enter the wide space of the shop.

Lisa's observing the workers on the left side of the room, a hand to her hip and a shake clutched between the other. She's giving orders in places she shouldn't be. Thankfully, the team leader's someone she personally knows, and judging by the way he's now talking to her reveals how much he's had enough. 

"I'm just trying to help." Is Lisa's weak excuse of the century. 

"No, sweetie no." The insanely tall man says, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Look at those ugly bags under your eyes. And your chapped lips. I don't want you stressing yourself even more over this trivial matter. Now go sit over there and finish your drink. You're giving me a headache." With perfectly manicured nails, he waves Lisa to get moving. 

Jack's a gay man living his life to the fullest in his thirties. He's sassy, gorgeous, fabulous, and treats Lisa like the niece he never had. He also prefers the pronouns he, his, and him