•4•

Sweat covered your collarbone, neck, and face, as you gripped the sheets with your hands from sheer terror. Panting deeply, you had to breathe in and out for the second time that day and also to stop you shaking.

Suddenly, a thumping noise caught you off guard, with a giggle following not long after.

Instantly, you rose up from the bed, wrenching the sheets off your lap and swinging your legs off the bed. You scanned the room, looking for anything, or anyone. Luckily for you, nothing and no one was there.

However, you didn't grab a candle, like in your dream. Instead, you treaded out your room as silent as a mouse and stuck your head around the wall corner outside your doorway. Seeing nothing down the hallway, you advanced down it.

For some reason, you decided to step into Brahms' room. The doll was still placed in the chair, where you left it. It gave you a creepy stare, but not as intense. It still creeped you out though, no doubt about that.

You carefully grabbed the doll and rested his head on your left shoulder, just like Mrs Heelshire had before she left for her holiday. You walked him over to the bed and softly laid his head on the red pillow.

After you stepped out of Brahms' room, you looked up at the ceiling, spotting the attic door. You figured this is where the drip was coming from. Looking up at it wistfully, you also looked around for something to grab onto the attic handle with. You found a huge metal hook of some kind leaning against the wall, so you grabbed that.

You mustered all the strength you could to pull the attic door down, but to no avail. It didn't come down, no matter how much you tried. It was like someone was sat on top of it, purposely holding it down. It frustrated you, so you soon gave up on the idea, disappointed.

You put the hook back in its place, against the wall.

A few minutes later, and it had begun to rain outside. First, it was slow patters against the window, but now it was pouring it down. No outside for you. So, you were stuck inside a house that was old, creepy and probably haunted with an old, creepy and probably haunted doll.

You walked back down the stairs and spotted a piano in the living room. Automatically, you ran over to it and placed your fingers on the keys and gently played a few notes. The piano looked old as if it had had people playing it for a long time and it smelled musty, too. There were piano sheets placed on the piano, so you decided to give it a play. After all, it's not like anything could go wrong.

A few hours passed, and the rain began to let up. You took this chance to go outside. You stood up on a terrace overlooking the Heelshires' grand gardens. During your time up there, you thought about a lot of things.

Unfortunately, most of your thoughts weren't good.