Woman To Woman (3)

Heather cried loudly as she Nanny Fai crawled towards Heather and hugged her.  No one spoke as Heather cried. When she finally stopped, Emmy’s stone cold face finally spoke.  

“Are you done now?”  Emmy asked.

“How could you treat me this way?  I am your guest and this is how you treat me?!?”  Heather cried out pitifully between tears and sobs.  “I just wanted my maid back so I can properly punish her for her wrongdoings.  I just came here to apologise to you. How could you attack me without a word?”  

“Are you done?”  Emmy asked again.  

Heather cried into Nanny Fai’s bosom.  

“Are you done?” Emmy asked again.  

“What-- what do you mean?”  Heather whispered.

“Are you done accusing me of doing something I didn’t do?”  

“But you did do it!  You did! You slapped me!  You pushed me to the ground and tore my dress!  You did it! Nanny Fai saw it!” Heather spouted out.  “If you didn’t do it, who else here would do it?!? I want an apology!  I want reparations for what you did to me! I want Lord Seoras to be here to bare witness and make a judgement!”  

Heather’s maid who stood to the side quickly ran to the castle and did her Lady’s  bidding. Within minutes, Seoras, Gengrick and Dominic ran out of the castle and into the rose garden.  Their faces held back their anger as they watched as Nanny Fai helped Heather up.

“Lord Seoras!  I want reparations for what Emmy did to me!”  Heather cried. “Look at what she did! She slapped me several times, pushed me to the ground and tore my clothes!  My ankle hurts, I think I must have twisted it when I fell.”

Seoras’s gazed did not leave Emmy the moment he entered the rose garden.  His eyes only saw her. He had completely ignored Heather.

“Are you done?”  Emmy asked again.  

“Are you going to deny it!”  Heather asked as she whipped her head towards Emmy.  “When everyone can see how injured I am?”

“Since you don’t know how to stop.  Then I’ll just let everyone here be witnesses to my actions.”  Emmy said as she dusted her dress.

“Prince Cael.”  Emmy said as she looked over to him.  

“Yes, Lady Emmy?”  

“What does the rumors in Lire say about me?”

“They don’t say anything about you.”  Cael answered back.

“And why is that?”  

“They don’t say anything about you because they know better.”  

“How is it that they know better?”

“They know that if they accuse you of something you didn’t do.  They will get punished for blaming you for their own misfortune.”  

Emmy’s stone cold face moved and a smile that wasn’t a smile shined through.  Heather, Nanny Fai, Arashi and Colton took a step back without even realizing it.  The Emmy before them, they have not seen before. It caused them to be afraid.

“That’s right.”  Emmy said as she brushed the loose strand of hair back behind her ear.  “Since Lady Heather is accusing me of hitting her, pushing her to the ground, ripping her clothes and hurting her ankle.  It’s only fitting that the things she’s accusing me of becomes true, so she can get the reparations that she is seeking from Lord Seoras.”

Before Heather could even ask Emmy what she meant, Emmy was already in front of her.  With quick steps, Heather was pulled out from Nanny Fai’s embrace. In front of everyone, Emmy’s hand raised up high and when it came down, the slap on Heather’s cheek echoed in their ears over and over again.  

Emmy tore Heather’s dress off of her, leaving only Heather’s undergarments on, before pushing her to the ground and kicking her.  With quick movements, Heather could only scream as she felt excruciating pain as Emmy broke both of her legs.

All this happened in less then one minute.  Arashi and Colton was too surprise to say something, while the rest of them knew this side of Emmy already.  They knew she would seek her own justice.

Emmy stood over the crying Heather with her foot on Heather’s chest.  Tears of pain fell down Heather’s face as she cried.

“Now you understand why you can’t say my name so foolishly.”  Emmy said as she looked down at Heather. “You want to accuse me of something else?”   

Heather felt pressure on her chest and she cried out in pain.  

“Do you?”  

Heather shook her head no.  “No!”

“Good.  Next time you want to accuse me of doing something, just remember it’ll be done back to you tenfold.”  Emmy said as she took her foot off of Heather. “Better yet, keep my name out of your mouth.”

Heather’s cries suddenly stopped when Emmy hit her one last time in the face, knocking her out completely.

Nanny Fai cried out as she rushed towards Heather to save her.  Suddenly she felt a foot kick her butt and she fell on top of Heather.  Emmy’s movements were too quick for most of them to see. How did Emmy move from one spot to another so fast?

“As her Nanny, you need to take better care of her.”  Emmy said. “If she keeps being foolish, you all will regret serving such a stupid Lady.”

Emmy didn’t acknowledge Arashi, Colton and Cael and went straight to her men.  Seoras captured Emmy in his arms as the four of them left the rose garden.

“Why did we not stop her.”  Colton asked after the three of them were the only ones in the garden.  

“Do you have the power to stop her?”  Cael asked.

“No.”  Colton said as he pouted.  

“Then what right do you have to stop her?”  

“It’s the right thing to do.”  

“Forget what’s right or wrong.  What matters here in Ceco is strength.  And if you don’t have any. Forget doing what you think is the right thing to do.”  Cael said. “Besides, Lady Heather got what she deserved.”

“Nobody deserves to get beaten up and humiliated in front of everyone.”  Colton said justly.

“She shouldn’t of said Lady Emmy’s name.  She shouldn’t of accused Lady Emmy of something Lady Emmy didn’t do.  Everyone knows not to do this.”

“We didn’t know!”

“Now you do.  So in the future.  Don’t accuse her of something she didn’t do.  Don’t slander her name. You’ll only be welcoming more misfortune into your life.” Cael warned them.  “What you saw from Lady Emmy, is only a small fraction of what she can do. The way I see it, Lady Heather got off lightly.”  

Cael turned around and left the two speechless men there.  The people of Igoh will never understand Lire’s ways. He would be wasting more breath trying to explain to them that what Emmy did was her right.