Chapter *44*

May 30, 2018

Gradution Day

It's my last day as a senior at West Valley High School. In seven hours I'll be out of High School for good and looking forward to college. Things change so much in your senior year. You become an adult, graduate, and move  out on your own.

Speaking of leaving the nest, Tyrie has found us an apartment in Florida that we both love. I won't show you all just yet, but know that it is perfect for us both. My dad has been threatening to move with us if he even thinks that Tyrie will fuck up. Of course, he won't be coming, but it's nice to know that my daddy will always be there looking out for me. Even as an adult.

I got dressed and put on my red cap and gown

I got dressed and put on my red cap and gown. I take a picture of my cap because I'm so proud of how it came out.

"Shunt'A come on now. You don't wanna be late for your own ceremony."

"Coming!"

I tried to speed down the steps and almost tripped. Lukily, Oliver caught me before I faced planted. He steadied me back. He had finally gotten off work to come to my graduation. I told him that if he missed it I would never speak to him again. I wasn't joking either and he knew.

"Damn little girl calm yo roll. You almost went to Jesus all too quick."

I rolled my eyes at his lame ass, but slowed down nonetheless. I glanced over his outfit. He had on a red button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up, black slacks, and shiny church shoes. He had accessorized with a gold chain, gold Rolex, and some ray bans that he want even wearing.

"Hold on now why are you so dressed up for my graduation? And how the hell did you get a rolex? Please don't tell me you out on these streets again."

I laughed at it, but on the inside I was dead serious. Oliver had been doing so good when he started getting a real job. He didn't need to fuck that up because of the fucking trap life.

He kissed his teeth. "Nah girl ain't nobody selling again. I just want to show out for my little nigga as she walks across the stage. And this Rolex is from the store. Best believe I put that bitch on layaway. Where you think all my checks go to?"

"Weed." I said instantly.

"WHAT WEED Y'ALL TALKING BOUT?" My mom yelled from the kitchen. My eyes widen. That woman had spidey senses.

"The weeds outside that you told Oliver to get weeks ago."

He looked at me with a 'what the fuck' face. I just shrugged at first.

"Would you rather her think you didn't do chores or know you smoke weed?" I said raising my brow.

He rolled his eyes and blew out his mouth. I smiled in return and finally walked out the house.