Chapter 18

(Y/N P.O.V)
Hank, Connor and I all arrived back at the police station after going to talk to Kamski. We're all exhausted after the long drive, but sadly there's still a few hours of work left.

I was just about to sit at my desk when Captain Fowler walked out of his office.

"Hank, (y/n), can I talk to you two for a moment?"

Hank and I exchanged a look before slowly walking towards his office. Captain Fowler was sitting on the edge of his desk, looking a bit upset. Connor, who was following behind us, gently took my hand in his and gave it a squeeze.

"You're stress levels are getting high. You should try to calm down" he whispered into my ear and I nodded.

"You're off the case"

My eyes widened as I stared at Captain Fowler in shock.

"What? Why?" I couldn't help but start to panic.

"The FBI is taking over."

"...What? But we're onto something!" Hank glanced at Connor then back to Captain Fowler.

"We just need more time. I'm sure we can-" before I could finish my sentence, Fowler cut me off.

"(Y/n), Hank, you don't get it. This isn't just another investigation, it's a fucking civil war! It's out of our hands now. We're talking national security here."

"Fuck that! You can't just pull the plug now. Not when we're so close!" Hank started getting angry, he took a few steps towards Fowler.

"I know (y/n) doesn't have anything against androids, but Hank, you're always saying you can't stand androids! Jesus, Hank, make up your mind! I thought you'd be happy about this!"

"We're about to crack the case! I know we can solve it! For God's sake, Jeffery, can't you back me up this one time?"

Captain Fowler looked down for a moment and slowly shook his head.

"There's Nothing I can do. You're both back on you're original jobs" he looked over at me and Connor and glanced down at our hands, "and the android returns to CyberLife"

"I'm sorry" he looked into my eyes for a moment before looking back to Hank.

I felt tears well up in my eyes as my whole world came crashing down. First, we're kicked off the case and now Connors going to be sent away forever.

"-but it's over" I glared at Fowler as he finished speaking.

"No. It's not over" I ripped my hand away from Connors grip.

"If you think I'm just gonna sit here and let you take this case away, then you're fucking wrong. I'm not letting you take away the man I love!" My voice cracked slightly as tears streamed down my face.

Captain Fowler shook his head again as he placed his hands gently on my shoulders.

"I tried, (y/n). I tried to fight for you guys to stay on this case. The FBI always gets what they want."

I backed away, trying to dry any tears. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me, I turned to face Connor. He had a few tears falling down his face as he tightly hugged me. He planted a kiss on my forehead as I heard the door to Fowler's office open and close.

I watched as Hank walked back to his desk. I grabbed Connors hand and followed after Hank.

"We can't just give up like that!" I said as I stomped towards Hanks desk, "I know we could have solved this case!"

"So you're going back to CyberLife?" Hank turned to look at us.

"No, he isn't"

"I have no choice. I'll be deactivated and analyzed to find out why I failed."