Bitter Beginning

She laid there in the grass, yellow hair sprawled out, big smile on her face just reminiscing. Staring up at the night sky. She attends Beacon Academy. A place for people to become the best hunters and huntresses the world has ever seen.  She sat up and looked at the rest of the campus. Yang is her name. Powerful huntress, excellent student. She wasn't like anyone else at the academy, but nobody is really the same anyway.

"Yang! What're you doing? We need to get to bed. It's like 11pm." Ruby said. Ruby was Yangs younger sister. Upbeat, always laughing and smiling, full of joy. "Is it really? Felt like a few minutes." Yang replied rubbing the back of her head. "It's been like 4 hours." Ruby replied with a slight laugh. "Oh wow, yeah, time to head to bed." Yang said jumping to her feet laughing. They entered back into the academy and continued to their dorms. Yang talked about her most recent mission with Ruby, about the new bad guys she had to fight called the Railmen. "They aren't like anyone I've ever fought. Their combat skills are better than that of White Fang." Yang explained. "Better than white fang? Is that possible?" Ruby asked. "Ofcourse it is. Look at us, we kicked their asses on a daily ba-" Yang was cut off from someone turning a corner into the hallway her and Ruby were in. "Oh sorry, I didn't... oh it's you." Yang said with a bit of anger. She bumped into Sun Wukong. Another greater hunter. " Why the attitude, it was an accident." Sun replied facing her. "Hard to believe coming from you." Yang replied. "You were about to apologize before you saw it was me." He replied angrily stepping closer. "Which is why I'm not apologizing so please, make my day." She said stepping even closer fists balled. Ruby watched the two bicker back and forth for a few seconds before stepping in. "Okay guys stop. It was an accident, you can kill each other later. We have class tomorrow and we need rest. "Can I kill him now?" Yang answered. "Yang!" Ruby shouted. "What the hell did I ever do to you Yang, I don't even know where this beef came from." Sun replied wanting an answer. "Don't play stupid Sun, you know exactly why." Yang said stepping even closer, only mere cm from touching him. "Then what is it? Cause all I see is some stupid petty bullshit fueled by a girl who can't even think fucking straight!" Sun shouted. Not a good idea.

*Sun's POV*

It all happened so fast. I felt her fist connect with my jaw with ferocious power. I flew back into the wall trying to get a grip on what had just happened. Before I could even look up, a punch landed dead center of my chest. And then another, and then another. Imbedding me into the wall. I wanted to defend myself but I couldn't move. Not because of being impaled in a wall but because my body was refusing to cooperate with me. What's happening to me? I thought to myself. Yang was going for another barrage before Ruby jumped in between us. "YANG STOP!" Ruby shouted. Yang couldn't stop her punch so she hit the wall beside my face missing by inches. I could feel myself dazing in and out of consciousness. World slowly turning to black. The last thing I saw was blood dripping from my face onto the floor next to Ruby's cape. "Yang please!" Ruby shouted once more. Then it all went black.

*Yang's POV*
I looked at Ruby, fear in her eyes, hands on my chest. "Yang..." she said quietly and sadly. I saw my fist inside the wall and beside that I saw an almost lifeless Sun. Dripping blood and his chest badly bruised. I pulled my fist from the wall and stepped back falling on my butt. "Oh my god..." I said looking at the the two of them. What have I done... I thought to myself. Ruby turned around and checked Suns vitals. "Yang he's alive but we need to get him to the infirmary." Ruby suggested. Without hesitation I stood to my feet and carefully pulled Sun from the wall. I held him in my arms and we made our way to the infirmary as fast as possible. I cried and cried the closer we got the infirmary in fear of Sun not making it. "Come on come on, stay with me." I said hoping he could hear me but also talking to myself. We made it to the infirmary and I shouted for a nurse. She and to my aid and had me lay him on the bed. "What happened to him?" She said getting him set up in bed quickly. "M-Me..." I replied stepping back slowly, not taking my eyes off Sun. The Nurse looked at me for a second and back at Sun. "We will take care of him, go back to your Dorm. We will deal with this situation after he's okay." The nurse said. Tears filled my eyes and hit the floor. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to leave his side but the Nurse needed to do her job. Ruby grabbed my hand and tugged at me slightly. "Yang...we have to go. We can come back tomorrow. I'm sorry." Ruby said sadly, a few tears falling from her eyes as well. We left the room and returned to our Dorms. I immediately ran to the bathroom and locked my self in. I collapsed in front of the door balling my eyes out. "Yang..." Blake called for her. Blake was her teammate and roommate. She has a black bow on her head covering her Faunus cat ears. "Go away! I want be alone!" I shouted back. I was beating myself up so bad. "Talk to us please...after." Blake said backing away from the door. I sat fetal position against the door, crying and crying. Im so sorry Sun...