Sudden Attack

When Emmy woke up, the sun was high in the sky already. Quickly freshening up, she dressed herself for the last scene of the play. The information she got yesterday made her smile. She did not think Avina would kill her own cousin and friend.  She also didn't think that Avina and Lord Edie would go this far just to take her down.

Should she feel honored that they would hire 4 mercenary teams to assassinate her? Emmy smile widen at the thought as she became excited. Emmy made her way to the window and looked outside. The soldiers were training on the training field and she could see Gengrick observing them.

Emmy went back to her desk to write a note and with the help of her vines, it delivered her note to Gengrick. Emmy watched as Gengrick took the letter and read it. His hand crumpled the letter and when he looked up, his eyes caught hers. She blew him a kiss as if it was a regular day and the impending danger was not going to happen.

Gengrick silently spread the word of the 4 mercenary groups and quietly prepared without letting the mercenary groups know that their cover was blown.

Emmy looked up to the sky and closed her eyes and let the sun shine on to her face. She breathed in slowly as she opened her eyes. She was no longer alone.

A seven star rune lit up inside of her room as Emmy quickly jumped out from the third floor window. The moment she flew out, her vines caught her as her room blew up with a loud bang. Screams came from the castle as five more rooms were set off by the runes and quickly blew up. The destroyed rooms caught on fire as servants, maids and soldiers tried to tame the fire with buckets of water.

Emmy landed in the middle of her rose garden as she watched another rune light up, underneath her. A barrier around the rose garden came up, effectively trapping her inside. Emmy looked around and found that no one had showed themselves yet. From the outside several soldiers lead by Gengrick ran towards Emmy when they reached the rose garden, they bounced right off of it. No one could enter and no one could leave the barrier.

A bird cry from above made everyone look up as two large hawks flew over them. One hawk flew above Emmy, the barrier opened enough to let the hawk inside. It landed inside of the rose garden, while the other hawk flew towards the city.

"Go!" Emmy shouted. "Protect our people."

Gengrick felt helpless and torn for the first time in his life. He wanted to protect his people and Emmy at the same time.

"Go!" Emmy commanded. "No one can enter or leave. Go protect our people."

"You fight you hear me! You fight and win! I'll be waiting for you when this ends!" Gengrick yelled at her as he pounded the barrier.

"You too! I'll be waiting for you too..." Emmy said as quickly dodge the fireball that came towards her.

Emmy rolled to the ground and when her hand hit the ground the ground opened up to swallow her.

"Emmy!" Gengrick yelled before his attention was pulled towards the city. The city was in flames and his people were crying for help and dying at the hands of mercenaries.

Gengrick harden his heart and believed that Emmy would be fine. That she can handle herself. He began to run towards the city while ordering the soldiers. The soldiers that was once there, cleared out as a total of eight men and women stood and watch the place that buried Emmy alive.

"Humph! I thought it would be harder than this." Ceecia said as she petted her hawk.

"Why were there so many people afraid of her beats me." Lacey said as she checked her barrier rune.

"You sure this barrier will hold?" Vern asked as sweat dripped down his temples.

"You sure you can defeat her with your earth magic?" Krid asked as he lit small balls of fire in his palms then rolled them over his finger tips.

"Shut up!" Vern shouted as he concentrated.

Below ground, Emmy fought the vines that pulled her down. Her vines built a wall around her and found the earth mage's powers at the same time.

The eight of them stood still as time passed and Vern still did not confirm the kill. Suddenly a rose bush next to Lacy shook. Lacy had been chanting a protection spell the moment they landed inside of the barrier. The protection spell she created required her to keep on chanting the spell to ensure a protection shield around her teammate's body.

When the rose bush shook, no one paid it any mind as they kept looking at the spot that Emmy disappeared into.

"Ah!" Lacy cried out in surprise as the rose bush attacked her. It's steams quickly grew and grab hold of her as it brought her inside of it. The thorns pierced her skin and grew inside of her as they tore her apart from the inside.