9. Sweeter Than Sweet

"OH M—" Jungkook covers his mouth with his hand.

The can exploded and all the sweet splashed my whole face.

"Jungkook. I am going to kill you," I glare at him with a death stare that I have never given him to anyone in my life. "I...It was an accident..." he bites his lips, which shows how obviously he's holding back from grinning. "Let me..."

He grabs a tissue out of a box that is laid on the coffee table and places one finger under my chin to raise my head up and wipe my face with it.

"Don't you dare laugh," I firmly let out at the sight of the boy's expression. "I'm trying. I'm so sorry Y/N," he smiles broadly and restrains his laughter that still left his mouth a second ago. I'm going to strangle him.

"Wash your hair and face before leaving," he passes the white tissue over my skin, and once he's done, he puts it down on the flat surface.

"I'll do it at my house, I need to clean what's left here," I stand up in order to end my job for today, but the boy grabs my wrist. "Why don't you stay a bit more?"

"Well...because I finished my work...like I do every day."

"Yeah, but we still have some time left before Yoongi comes back..." he doesn't let go of me, gazing into my eyes. "And what's the problem about the fact that he would be here?"

"I...nothing..." he rubs the back of his neck and drops his look down with his hand that had the same movement.

- Two days later -

"My strawberry!" he throws his arms around me and squeezes me like a squishy ball, with a giant smile upon his face. Is he that happy to see me?

"Calm down, boy. What's happening?" I hug him back to not seem too rude. "I missed you," he presses his lips on my forehead.

We should be fighting like we were doing every single day, when we were seeing each other for the first time, but no, here he is, smiling, taking me in his arms and kissing my face.

"Can you let go? I need to clean and make it fast," I smile, the cute attention he has over me making me happy for whatever reasons that I would like to erase from my head.

"Fast? What...?" he looks at me, shocked as if I just had caused some disappointment. "No. Do it slowly to not leave any dust," he pokes the tip of my nose.

"Jeez..." I slightly laugh but get away from his clasp to start to do what bothers me, but which allows me to earn money after a simple task for my brother.

"A melon is waiting for you in the fridge," he voices out, walking to the couch.

Don't tell me he bought food for me again. "Melon? Jungkook, stop buying fruits, it's expensive," I tell him, complaining about the fact that he wastes his money just to buy me food.

"But it's for you. You deserve it, and I know you like them," his bunny teeth slowly show up to me. "Since when are we that close? I'm not being rude, but you should just keep your money and more for yourself. I'm not worth it."

"Stop being stupid like that."

"What? I'm telling you the truth..." I cross my arms and look at him from my spot, leaning on the kitchen counter. "No. Come here," he lifts his arm up to gesture me to come, but not disrespectfully.

I do it, to my great surprise, and place my hand on his opened one. He intertwines our fingers as if it was all natural, gazing into my eyes as much as if he could read my mind by doing that only. "You're worth it, and I'm going to buy you something every day to show how important you are."