The Peerless Slayer (2)

When Emmy woke up, she knew she was in the castle. The room was dark with only the moon shining through the windows. She looked around the room and didn't recognise it. She was alive. Her body ached with pain, but it felt great because it meant that she was alive. Her enemies were dead. The mercenaries she fought was dead. Emmy smiled for a moment before she remembered the second set of mercenaries who attacked the city.

Emmy closed her eyes and reached out to her rose bushes. Her magic recovered, however it was only a little. It was enough for her to see Gengrick fighting with the mercenaries until Seoras and Dominic came.

Gengrick was heavily injured when Seoras arrived, he killed the mercenaries within a few moments. He lived up to the nickname everyone gave him. Emmy saw as the rest of the people from Igoh, Maru and Prince Cael were brought back by Seoras's vine.

When Dominic saw that Gengrick was fine, he ran towards the castle to check in on Emmy. The moment he saw the stone walls covering the rose garden, his heart dropped.

"Seoras!" Dominic shouted desperately. "Seoras!"

Seoras immediately showed up next to Dominic with Gengrick in his arms. Seoras handed Gengrick over to Dominic and with a wave of his hand, the stone wall disappeared. The rose garden was no longer there. In its place were burnt grass and dead bodies.

"Emmy!" The three of them shouted as they ran to the garden. "Emmy!"

Seoras could still feel Emmy's soul glowing softly. So he knew she was still alive. He pinpointed her location through their connection and quickly turned her over.

She was covered in blood from head to toe. He didn't know if it was her blood or someone elses, but he knew, he never wanted to see her like this ever again. He held her in his arms and looked up at the worried men by his side.

"She's okay. She's going to be okay." Seoras said as he squeezed her tighter to his body.

Seoras carried Emmy as Dominic carried Gengrick. By the time they reached inside of the castle, everyone was inside.

"How is she?" Arashi asked as he saw an unconscious Emmy.

Seoras's cold gaze looked at Lord Edie and General Alex. Their face drained all the color from their face and became white. They knew what would happen next. Before they could plead for mercy. Thick vines made their way around the two of them and broke their bones. From their neck, to their back, to their legs, every bone was broken, however they were still alive.

Their screams of pain mixed in with Colton's and Robin's scream of horror filled the destroyed castle.

"You tried to kill Emmy. You destroyed my castle. My city. My home. You planned all of this and yet you have the guts to plead for mercy?" Seoras said as he sneered at Lord Edie. "You want to destroy my family, my home, my people. You can only watch in regret as I will do the same to you."

Suddenly Seoras unleashed his powers. His magic pressure made everyone there kneel. It blasted out, then up towards the sky. His magic broke through the castle's roof and created a skylight. The skies darkened red and the moon shined through to cover the sun.

Suddenly there was a loud boom. The ground shook and shook for a long time. Seoras opened the castle doors and pointed at the mushroom clouds. The mushroom cloud was so large, they could see it from where they stood. It was over several thousand miles, but they watched the mushroom cloud spread out then start to fall down.

"Your home. Your family. Your people. Are no more." Seoras said slowly.

He watched as Lord Edie's eyes died with regret. General Alex held the same look in his eyes as he too died. Seoras absorbed his magic back inside of his body and walked away from the crowd.

"What did you do?" Prince Cael asked.

"The capital city of Maru is no more. Lord Edie's country estates, are no more. Anyone who had a drop of Lord Edie's blood is no more. You and the King were too slow in handing out Lord Edie's punishment. It's only fair that I give on to him as he tried to do to me. I am no longer in the mood to be hosting guests. You have until the end of the day to leave my city. Five days to leave my lands. If anyone disobeys my words, they will cease to exist."

In the next hour everyone from Igoh packed up and left along with Prince Cael. The guards that came with them where only half of what they brought. The other half died in the fight with the mercenaries.

Seoras took care of Emmy as Dominic took care of Gengrick. Afterwards they left the both of them to take care of his city and people.

Emmy opened her eyes and smiled. She turned her head over and saw Gengrick sleeping on the bed next to her. Emmy moved her tired and sore body out from her bed and crawled into bed with Gengrick.

Even in his heavily sedated body and mind, he recognised Emmy and held her close to him. Emmy closed her eyes and fell back asleep, happy that she didn't lie to Gengrick and he didn't lie to her. Happy that she survived and will grow old with them. Happy. Just Happy.