Epilogue Two

Eight Years Later 

Katrina's POV

I sighed deeply, even though my eyes were  close I knew it was going to be a hard day to get through. 

I could already feel the pain and aching echoing through my body. 

My mind drifting towards consciousness, as I felt on all the strings my power was desperately trying to keep a hold of. 

"Cushioning .... syphoning ... softening ... whatever you want to call it. I was doing it. Listen closely, when you were young I created a string between you and I, it allowed me to pull your powers to me, keep them locked up. Which is why you never had any incidents as a kid, not until you met your Protector-Mate who pretty much shitted on my string and gave you more pull than I had ever actually given you. Now that I'm gone, all those powers are going to hit you, all those powers ... and my own" she finished, before shrugging at my dumbfounded face, "just a tip I thought you ought to keep in your back pocket for ... later" she shrugged. 

Really fucking funny Nana K, really fucking funny. 

She knew I was pregnant the whole time, which is why she gave me that tid-bit of information. 

All those years ago, and even now I still have it ring through my head, more so on the days where my body physically feels like its holding on by a thread. 

Nana K had given some great advice that day.

I ended up having to pull power from all four of my children, each and everyone of them had a bit of my power embedded inside of them. 

And I had connected each of them to me in order to make sure they couldn't access that power. 

Although Katya had given me some insight on how to do it, she had left out a small little miniature detail. 

It hurt. 

Like chronic pain. 

Constantly and nearly daily. 

It hurt. 

It was like having some continuously stretch your skin, you mind, and your body, all day everyday, and it was horrible. 

Some days when I was able to build up strength I had a tighter grip on things, but other days, days like today, it physically hurt to breathe. 

It wouldn't  be so bad, but Blake had such a supreme amount of power inside of her, that holding onto hers and mine, plus my other children, it felt like swallowing a hot rod. 

At first, we didn't think we would need it. 

Blake had been such a calm baby, so mellow, versus Bast who had quite literally given Blue and I grey hairs. 

I had taken Bast's Source power a little before his first birthday, right after he had been playing outside and somehow managed to completely cut in half all fifty trees that were at the park we had taken him too. 

His powers had diminished slightly, making him more easier to handle, and it hadn't put much of a strain on me at all. 

Blake was a different story. 

She was usually so calm and collected, with some passive aggressive nature, which was to be expected if you knew her father. 

But one day she had had a tantrum, around her first birthday. 

A normal child tantrum that had turned into Blake having to grab all of us and fly us through our front windows in order to stop us from sliding off the side of cliff along with our house.