Chapter 1 <Esmeralda>

I loved it when my parents put me in charge of the maids in our home. I loved being in charge, being able to control something for once. It didn't even matter to me how rude or bratty I was towards them. It just mattered that I could scream at them, throw things at them, and they would simply flinch and clean the mess I made up.

How else was I supposed to cope? Well now I can't even do that anymore. My stupid, bitchy parents took all my servants away from me. All. Of. Them. I hated it. Call me a brat all you fucking want, but they were entertaining. I mean, at least a couple of them wanted to hang out with me. The women would help me pick out clothes, then compliment me, bathe me with affection. They basically raised me. It probably wasn't fair for me to treat them like shit, but what are you gonna do? I'm sure they understand.

But anyways I found myself walking around the motel we were currently staying at. My parents were possibly down at the bar speaking to another fat ass pedo about some new "shipments". But my mind didn't linger too much on the disturbing situation. Instead I checked out the vending machines. My eyes caught the Funions in spot B8. I pulled a crinkled dollar from my fur coat and straightened it out the best I could.

I had to insert it a couple of times before the stupid machine actually took it from me. I punched in B8 and watched as the bag of chips fell, crouching down and pulling them out. Contently, I began walking down the hall passing a couple of lounge chairs that had a man in one of them, though I didn't pay much attention to him. He seemed far more interesting in the book he was reading.

"Esmeralda!" My legs stopped moving and I turned back around surprised to see the man standing now. He stared at me before smirking slightly.

"So you're Esmeralda?" He hummed walking forward, tucking the book into his back pocket.

"Yeah that's me, what of it?" I asked with narrowed eyes and a look of irritation making its way upon my face. The man was much taller than me, slimmer, but still pretty lean. He had short dreads and his skin was dark which made him green eyes pop. He stopped directly in front of me so a took a slight step back feeling a bit nervous. He might've been a new customer waiting for me and normally the people my parents sent to me weren't good people. But they were also normally older. This guy looked young, like in his early mid-twenties young.

"What do you want?" I asked blinking once I spotted a familiar rattle snake tattoo. My throat closed up. He was part of one of the most well known gangs around town. That meant that the rest of the Coil was here. I hated when my parents did business with them. Something about that gang really made me uneasy, possibly because their leader, Carlos Alvarez, always found a way to get in my pants without my mother and father knowing. He didn't believe in paying for sex, he believed in just doing it whether someone wanted it or not.

I never wanted it.

"I just wanted to see what boss digs so much," He grinned at me with surprisingly pearly white teeth. I guess he's one of those guys that doesn't smoke too much from where ever they camp out. 

"Oh...well there, you've seen me," I rolled my eyes and turned back around to back away only for him to grab my hand and stop me.

"Actually, I thought maybe you could accompany me in my room right now," He smirked cockily and reached up tucking a curl behind my ear and rubbing his thumb across my bottom lip.

"Sorry, you'll have to ask my parents first. They're the ones in charge of my body and how many minutes you get with it," I seethed turning myself away and wiping my lip in disgust. "I don't even know who you are so I rather not get a case of STDs-"

"The name is Z, that good enough?" He almost growled in annoyance.

My eyes narrowed, "No, Z, it isn't." Turning on my heal, I opened my bag of chips and walked away popping one in my mouth. I could practically feel his eyes burning into the back of my head but I kept my head held high and my strut confident like mother taught me.

I sat back down in a chair at the back of the filthy ass bar and licked my lips as I continued to much on my chips. My legs crossed and I stared at the wall bored. Mother and Father have recently been taking me on their business trips a lot, possibly for money benefits. I bet bringing along other kids like me is becoming too much of a pain. Apparently the last one put up an extreme fight and somehow slipped away, they're still searching for that girl with new "employees". They know that I'm reliable in a way.

I am their child, so why would I run away. Why would I scream and cry when I've been groomed since I was merely a toddler for this. Makes sense, doesn't it? Well, I guess it wouldn't to someone outside of this family.

"My beautiful Esmeralda!" I sucked the salt from my fingers and slowly looked up. There stood a beefy man, 6 feet in height, with a familiar rattle snake tattoo on his neck. His beard was freshly trimmed as always, his black hair slicked back, the scars on his face were pink as ever, and his eyes—a regular brown. His thin lips curled into a grin showing his more on the yellow side of teeth. I slowly stood and greeted him with a fake, charming smile.

"Hello Mr. Alvarez, it's nice to see you." Yeah, no.

"The pleasure truly is all mine, gatito," He chimed his brown eyes somehow turning a black. I slowly stepped away from him and walked to the bar.

"Aren't you supposed to be with my parents?" I asked curiously, mostly stalling.

"Ah, I left them to use the restroom, but once I saw you after I was done I couldn't help myself," He gave me a taunting smirk and reached out beginning to play with me hair.

"If they catch you doing this without paying-"

"You will be punished, not I."

My throat began to close up. Fuck you. Fuck you Carlos. I let out a soft sigh and turned away slightly from him, obviously giving him a mindset of acceptance from myself. His hand traveled to the back of my neck and his yellow teeth nipped at my left earlobe. I shuddered and my shoulder instantly came up to cover it.

"Bartender, two drinks please," Carlos ordered before looking at me, "A margarita and a beer."

My eyes casted downward nervously. He would most likely be the kind of person to drug a drink, wouldn't he? I chewed on my lower lip and squeezed my eyes shut as his hand gripped my ass.

"In about an hour or so, I'll be back with your parents, we're going on a lovely trip to one of my favorite clubs. I hope you don't mind people in odd clothing and public sex. Then again, you're such a slut. I bet you've seen everything." He placed a wad of cash down once our drinks arrived and picked up his beer, taking a swing.

"Enjoy your margarita, Gatito." He winked and walked away.

Once he was gone I released a long groan of despair and scoffed. The bartender eyed me and went back to fixing a drink for the next person over at the bar.

"Enjoy your margarita, gatito," I mimicked in a snobby voice before looking at the margarita and sneering at it. I knocked it off the counter causing it to spill. Since the glass was so thin, it broke.

The bartender looked over at me then the mess I made. "Whoops, my bad," I hummed unbothered and stood up.

"You should clean that up, babe."

________________________________

What are your opinions on Esmeralda? :)