Part 17

The ride was silent.

We were both tensed up on our seats, facing away to the windows opposite from each other.

Now that I was alone with him, I suddenly became aware of what I was doing.

It was weird how my memories came flooding in when I saw him. It maybe because he was the center of all the events, the cause of everything. The reason I wanted to forget everything.

"I thought you were dead."

I got startled, maybe because he suddenly spoke or maybe because of his words.

"And I blamed myself for it everyday... I thought I lost you forever," he mumbled. His voice was shaky.

"You're speaking as if I was important to you, which doesn't make sense..." I scoffed. "You murdered the king and queen of my kingdom, locked me in a cell, took away my sister, and exercised your dictatorship on my people. Lie to me again, telling me that you cared for me."

He heaved a sigh. "You know what you all did to us, Y/N. Don't act like I did something wrong."

I couldn't believe what he said.

I turned my head towards him and gritted my teeth. "So with your eyes, you see nothing wrong in your cruel actions? You think, what, you did the right thing?!" I was overflowing with rage and hatred.

He looked into my eyes. "It's not right. But it's not wrong, either. Still, I had to do it."

"No, you didn't."

Tears were starting to form in my eyes and I looked away.

"Put yourself in my shoes and think about it. What would you have done then?"

I let the tears stream down my face.

It was painful.

He was right and it was painful. How it all turned out was painful. How I couldn't do anything that time was painful. How I just let everything happen was painful.

"I just want you to know... I'm really grateful that you're alive."

Stop telling me lies.

"I'm calling off this marriage as soon as I step inside the castle," I hissed.

"I won't let you do that."

"Oh? You still want to keep torturing me now? Keep me on a leash? Was what you did to us not enough for you?!" I screamed, my emotions getting the best of me.

"I won't do that. When we arrive there, you will be throned as the queen, but will not be making decisions and managing the kingdom without me. I'm only limiting your power this time."

I laughed. "I don't want that. As long as you're here, I don't want to have anything to do with you."

I glared at him, clenching my jaw.

"Remember who's the ruler of your kingdom now. My words are absolute." His tone of voice was rough and commanding, which was somehow in contrast with his expression.

He looked hurt...

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"Y/N!!! I thought you were dead!!!"

My best friend ran towards me when I was walking through the hallway, trying to find my room, and hugged me, crushing my small body with his muscular one.

"Joon- I can't breathe-"

"Did you know how depressed I was?! I thought it was my fault for breaking you out. You clumsy idiot! What happened after you ran away?! Why did you suddenly disappear?! Don't tell me you hit your head after falling off from some cliff and ended up in a different kingdom!" He yelled, shaking my body after breaking the hug.

"Uhh..."

"You did?!" He screamed even louder.

His huge eyes were eating me up.

I sighed.

"You see..."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"I know him. I first met him when he came here with his parents to ask for Elle's hand in marriage." Namjoon handed me a cup of tea.

"What? How come I don't remember him?"

"That's because your memory is actually really bad," he laughed showing me his dimples.

"Hey!" I pouted.

He pinched my cheek and I pushed him away playfully.

"You two were very small, so you may not remember that well."

I hummed and took a sip from my tea.

"When he came here for the first time, he threw a fit, saying that he wanted to marry you instead."

I choked on my tea.

"But he couldn't, as you were already engaged to Jungkook. If only he came here first..." he trailed off, with his gaze fixed on the floor, hands clasped together.

I could feel a pang in my chest.

"I don't know, Joonie..." I sighed. "I don't want to think about it."

He raised his head and ruffled my hair.

"What the-"

"Have some rest, Y/N. You came all the way here from Vuxaniel, you must be tired," he smiled at me. "Plus, you're the queen now. You'll be busier than a bee, managing the kingdom."

I laughed sarcastically. "Manage? He's just making me a decoration. Apparently, I won't be doing anything important. He's scared that I'll form a rebellion against him. He just wants me beside him, that's all. As if I'm his doll."

"Oh..."

"Yeah. Oh." I rolled my eyes.

He stood up from the bed and fixed his clothes.

"Well, either way, you should sleep and take a breather. Suddenly meeting Jungkook and regaining your memories almost all at once is unhealthy in my opinion. This all must be taking its toll on you. Promise me you will take it easy and tell me when you need help, okay?"

He held out his pinky.

I snorted and made a pinky promise.

"You're so childish."

"Says you, Your Majesty," he snickered.

"Oh shut up!"

A/N: So, what do you think about Jungkook?

I think he's a bad husband lol.

And Namjoon is your butler, teacher and bestie in this story. No doubt you're better than Taehyung in subjects 😉

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 💕