(12)

Dedication for a writer who touches people's hearts with her story. This part was imspired by her story 5:48 on heroes. Do give that book a read. If you are a Wattpader and you do love reading you seriously need to go through this story. It will teach you a lot.

The next day

I had sat outside the whole night but he never showed up. My tears fell non stop. I didn't know what to do. All I did was imagine him strolling back with a calmer attitude and me throwing my arms around his neck or grovelling at his feet for forgiveness.

He never came.

A week later

My eyes were sore. I rubbed the pain for the hundreth time. Dizziness engulfed me. How mong had it been since I had seen the outside? All I wanted to do was stay crawled up and probably die in that position. 

Depressing?

Truth.

Life.

Thirteen days later

I could barely see. The bones of my body were very uncomfertable. I didn't like being poked. I wish I could just remove them and have the soft flesh. I hoped that my bones could be engulfed in his flesh. No body came to check on me. No one cared. It was so dark inside. I wondered what sun felt like now, seeping through the pores of your skin warming you up.

I wondered where my sun had hid behind the clouds.

Fifteen days later

I had eaten scraps of food. Ironically the obese cat of our streets brought me food. Just an animal and yet it had the sense of a matured human. I patted it with all my strength. It lay curled up next to me.

They said dog is a man's best friend.

Maybe cat was a woman's. After all hadn't I seen so many aged women calling each other single, old cat ladies.

A month later

I couldn't get out. I didn't want to. My life was slipping away.

"What the hell Pip?"

I was dreaming. That warm, husky voice filled with caramel inside a chocolate truffle. 

"I should have come earlier . . . it's all my bloody fault."

That voice broke. It felt like hearing a puppy after being hit by a car.

"You are a hero Pip. This is not how you should be living. God! Just because I left you didn't mean you stop being strong. Never depend on anyone in your life. If not the cruel arms of death then something else would take people away."

I was a hero? "I'm not a hero."

My voice sounded broken beyond repair. 

Just like my heart.

"No? You are a soldier of life Pip. A broken hero if you must but a hero you are."