Treacherous 11

"N'y pense même pas."
--

Well, what do we do now?" Jungkook decided to break the ice of silence.

"What else? Deal with it." Lisa muttered before going inside the house, leaving Jungkook outside.

Lisa couldn't sleep that night. She was tossing and turning around in her bed, not knowing when will sleep finally kick into her system. The events kept bothering her head as she blinked, staring at the dull ceiling.

"What do I do?" She asked herself. She's now alone in this house with a man. She still can't grasp that fact. Heck, she had the urge to leave this place now.

"No. Endure this Lisa. You have to. You just have to ignore his presence and you're good." Her subconscious told her.

But that's the thing though. Ignoring him won't be an easy task. She's been telling herself to ignore him since the beginning but she always breaks and forget that every time.

She groaned as she hugged her pillow tighter.

Meanwhile, in the master's bedroom, Jungkook was wide awake like Lisa. Not for the same reason though. He's sitting on the bed with his back leaning against the headboard, his phone in his hand.

Jungkook:
I'm sorry :(

Jungkook:
Please answer my calls Heejin.

Jungkook:
I know I broke my promise again and I know you're mad. Something came up that's why I couldn't come over.

Jungkook:
I miss you, babe :( please stop ignoring me.

Heejin:
Seen 10:47 PM.

Jungkook groaned in frustration. The girl seen zoned him yet again. It's his fault. If only he went to her after he took Mara to her room then Heejin won't be ignoring him right now. He could've asked Mrs. Kim to take care of Mara but he didn't.

But he would admit that he's guilty of what he had done to Mara. He would admit that he went too far. And that's what made him stay. He may not like her at all but he's not heartless. He knew it was his fault why Mara fell sick.

"You're seriously asking? Well, then I'll tell you something. Never invade my personal space without my permission if you don't want me to do that again."

"I did something wrong first? That freaking kiss! You-"

"Well, we're not like those married couples."

Jungkook sat there, his phone long forgotten and now his mind was focusing on Mara's words.

What the hell was happening with her?

The girl did change so drastically he's not even sure if she's the same girl that he married before she went to Japan.

Before, she was so obsessed with him. Now she doesn't even want to stay in the same room as him.

He still thinks it was all an act, yes. An act for her to get him. Another trick to make him fall for her. Because that's how she was. Mara Manoban would always have a trick in her sleeve. But now a little part of him was not even sure anymore. He was good at predicting her motives before but now he's a little bit confused.

Confused because that day when he had tackled her down on her bed for being stubborn, he looked into her eyes. He saw how uncomfortable she was just by looking in her eyes. He could tell they were real and genuine. He somehow heard the abnormally fast beating of her heart when they were close to each other. He saw the blush that crept on her cheeks and ears when he was nearby.