vii.

A soft tapping on her nose awakened the sick girl, her eyelids fluttering open to land on a strawberry-blonde and brown-haired man, both looking worried.

"Everything is agony." Jisoo groans, shifting to envelop herself more in the comfy blanket. "Italy is doing nothing good for my health."

Despite the concern, the younger ones were amused at her theatrics. Currently, they were in one of the best hotels in Venice, owned by the largest drug conglomerate and Italian mafia, a close business associate of the eldest Kim. They had a strong rapport for both being sworn to their word and having close ties to the family. Seokjin and Namjoon were out on a 'transaction' with the boss, somewhere remote and secure. It worried Jisoo but since they had equal security, it means they can defend themselves.

It's discomforting to know how she's going to tolerate violence for her family's sake. She didn't finish 8 years of medical school just to end up shooting people.

Then again, she'd do anything for her family.

"Taetae?" Jisoo calls affectionately after blowing her nose. "Can you get my medicine bag?"

There were 2 reasons why she asked Taehyung: one, she needed the medicine and two, she needed him out of the room. It was a risky move hiding the medicine bag in one of the suitcases that haven't been unpacked but it would buy her enough time to do what she needed to.

The younger Kim didn't mind, going out. Rosé thinks his complete and utter obedience will kill him one day but can't help but admire him for it.

The red-head tugs urgently on the strawberry blonde's arm. "Open my email, read the one from Park Jimin."

Rosé knows better than to try and pry answers, so she does as she's told.

'Ms. Kim, we would like to conduct an interview with you. My partner, Jeon Jungkook, will most likely be the one who will talk to you. We will not take much of your time. Please send us your reply, and have a great day.'

"Say yes, and it's tomorrow at 7." Her voice cracks, prompting her to clear her throat.

The strawberry-blonde had never typed faster in her life than she had now, both of their hearts pounding quick when it sent. Finally relaxing, Jisoo wraps the covers around her petite frame while groaning in pain.

The brown-haired boy returns, eyes sharp on the kit as he rummages through it. "What do you need again?"

~*~*~

"She said yes."

The two boys poked their heads into the kitchen when they heard her speak. "What?"

The blonde, who was currently cooking ramen for dinner, tied her hair into a high ponytail as she spoke. "You managed to make Kim Jisoo agree. Good job, Park."

The duo looked at each other incredulously. Kim Jisoo, an enigmatic figure in the Kim Mafia and rumored to be the only daughter of Kim Jiwon and Lee Taesung, who had gone off the radar for 2 years, had now agreed to an invitation from two practically unheard pair of investigative journalists?

"So how'd you do it, oppa?" Lisa asked as she was finishing their dinner. "I'm sure I'd have to snag an interview with her myself soon enough, so how did you?"

Jimin shook his head, sinking in his chair.

"I don't know, but I'm having doubts about this. It's just too... kind?"

That was the last ever spoken about the topic, even if it was the only thing they thought about.

Jimin and Jungkook were childhood friends that came to Seoul from Busan, and Lisa only joined them in college. They all wanted a course in journalism. Jimin usually was the one who handled interviews and talked to people while Jungkook filmed but in an effort to increase his confidence, he's been slowly giving his job to him. And then the poor boy literally bumped heads with the blonde Thai girl during rush hour, and blushed red when they were seat mates and classmates for the year. It took some time before they finally got together, Jimin happily congratulating them. Graduating out of college, they decided to just stay in the same apartment and help each other in their careers.

"Won't you be jealous when pretty little Miss Kim talks to your boyfriend, Lalisa?" The eldest teased out of the blue when he saw the tension on them.

The youngest watched carefully while his girlfriend burst out in laughter at the remark. "If anything, I think she'd be repelled. I do think she's Jin's sister, I mean, have you seen the resemblance? Besides," Lisa wheezes. "I have high respect for Dr. Kim, and she's not over her ex yet."

"Park Jinyoung?"

"No." The older two chorus, looking somber. "Min Yoongi."

The boy with light brown hair drops his spoon in shock. "She dated the guy who put a hit on Kim?"

Jimin scowls as he swipes the plates and sets them in the sink. "Kook, we trek in dangerous territory. We have to watch what we say."

One of the first things most journalists learn is to not have loose lips, lest they want a gun aimed straight in between their eyes. Most don't even learn that, courtesy of the bullet lodged in their skull.

Lisa reaches for his hand under the table, a troubled look on her features while he squeezes back, knowing how terrifying their line of work can be.

And that night when she rests her weary head on his chest with glassy eyes focused on nothing, her golden locks tickling his chin while his lips are pressed on her temple, they don't feel alone.