38

A ship.

And it's not the mediocre kind of ship either.

Imagine six yatch, fancy, clean, expensive- conjoined to create the floating machine you're standing on.

Taehyung slides his shoulder off the wall and takes long, slow strides towards you.

"Do you like it?"

Do I like it?

That's seriously the first thing he says after pulling this off?

From where you're standing, you can either go left, right or over the upper bridge behind you then straight to the ocean.

That last one could work. Only if you were so desperate to leave.

But you're not.

It's a long way down. And to top it all off, you're not a good swimmer.

Taehyung stops in front of you, hands crossed over his chests and amusement highlighting his tone.

"We're far from the nearest shore. So even if you jump out, you'll die trying to swim your way back to land."

"Oh, so you read minds now?"

He shrugs his shoulders, muscles in motion beneath his shirt. "It's written all over your face. But your eyes tells me you're backing out since you're a terrible swimmer."

And the reason he knows this stems way back to when you were both still kids.

It was around the holidays. You and Taehyung were about ten years old. You recall there being sections specifically made for adults and kids. You really wanted to try the adult pool even if it meant drowning yourself to death.

Just this ones.

It was one of the things you wanted to do before the year ended.

So you made the terrible mistake in the world and jumped in.

Taehyung saved you and ended up giving you the silent treatment the whole day.

When your best friend ignores you, that's the worst feeling ever.

The sudden tap on your nose strips you from the flashback. It's been a while since you've recalled that memory. So it's making you feel fuzzy in the stomach.

"Now's not the time to think, Y/n. Let's go." He nudges his chin. "I'll show you around. And then maybe after lunch, I could teach you how to swim."

That earns him an ugly slap on the back. Hunching over, Taehyung groans with collected breaths as he rubs the throbbing area. "Sometimes I forget you slap like a man."

"That's for kidnapping me."

And for teasing me.

He knows how annoyed you get everytime he brings that story up.

He's annoying.