Jealousy (Chenle & Renjun)

Watching Renjun had gotten Chenle bored out of his mind. Renjun had a book open in front of him, but for the past fifteen minutes he hadn't flipped a page. He kept on glancing at Y/N, who was engaged in a serious conversation with Doyoung, then looked at his book, and the cycle continued until Chenle stood up and walked over to the older boy. "Hey," he said softly, so that only Renjun could hear. "What're you doing?"

"Reading," Renjun replied, finally turning a page.

"If you like her so much then why don't you tell her?" Renjun abruptly clasped a hand on Chenle's mouth. Thankfully, Y/N hadn't noticed.

"Who?" Renjun tried to play dumb.

"My best friend, who's come from China, is very pretty and funny, and the one you have a crush on. Ring any bells?"

Renjun lightly pushed Chenle's arm. "No," he said shaking his head. "I don't have a crush on Lucas hyung."

Chenle had to laugh, "so you don't like Y/N, then?"

"I don't," Renjun said, lying through his teeth.

"Okay," Chenle said, grinning impishly. "That's good to know. The things is... I like her."

"What?" Renjun's eyes widened.

"I wouldn't have told her about my feelings if you liked her, but now, there's nothing stopping me." Renjun was baffled.

"W-wait wait, what do-"

Chenle didn't let Renjun finish his sentence, he strode towards the two people sitting across the room. "Y/N," he beamed. "Can you come with me?"

"Give me a minute, I'm discussing something with Doyoung."

"Now!" He exclaimed, startling her. He grabbed her hand and pulled her along with him. When he looked back he could see Doyoung shaking his head in disapproval and Renjun hurriedly getting up.

"Y/N," Chenle said when they were away from the room. "There's something I have to tell you." He held both of her hands in his. "I like-"

"Wait!" Renjun shouted as he approached them. "Chenle, I lied to you. I do like her." He moved the younger boy away from Y/N and took his place. "Y/N, I like you very much. And I was too much of a coward to tell you earlier. So, will you go out on a date with me?" Y/N's shock stricken face smoothened into a smile.

"I'd love to." Chenle thought it would be best to leave the two lovebirds alone. He skipped away, smiling to himself.

"Hyung, where are you going?" Chenle asked as he saw Renjun heading out.

"Uh... on a date," Renjun answered shyly. A whole week had passed since Chenle got Renjun to confess. He hadn't seen Y/N the entire time, until evening when Renjun and Y/N came into the dorm.

"Hyung!" Renjun called out. "Is it okay if Y/N stays for dinner?" That's my line, Chenle thought to himself.

"Of course," Taeyong smiled. The couple sat together at the dinner table. Renjun kept discreetly putting the good pieces of meat on Y/N's plate, making the girl frown. 'You should eat too' she mouthed to him. Of course nobody noticed them except for Chenle, who was paying close attention.

Everyone went ahead to do their own activities, while Chenle kept glancing at the couple sitting across the room. Renjun said something to make Y/N laugh, that gesture tugged at Chenle's heart. He felt something bitter stir up inside him watching them together. There's no way I like her in that way. Right?

Whenever he saw the two, he tried to convince himself that it wasn't jealousy he was feeling, it was a little indignation because of the lack of attention. He subconsciously did things to get the two apart, like being the third wheel, or inviting Y/N to hang out with him so she wouldn't be with Renjun. Sometimes, when they were walking, he would come between them and hook his arms with theirs.

Unbeknownst to him, Taeyong had seen it all. One day, he had gotten Chenle alone and talked some sense into him. Telling him how it was too late and how he should be content with the fact that his best friend was happy. Taeyong's words had eased some of the pain in his heart, but his feelings still lingered.

xxx

Thank you Kay131313 for requesting this:) hope you liked it.

I've come to the realisation that this is my first imagine written from a member's point of view.