Chapters 111-120

Chapter 111: First Hall Master

Late at night, Li's Shop.

Qin Lie's expression was haggard. He had locked himself inside the small house and was concentrating on inscribing the Terminator Profound Bomb's spirit diagram.

"Poof!"

An odd sound resounded, and a wisp of thin smoke escaped from the dark green ball. The smell of something burning filled the room.

As if disheartened, Qin Lie laid flat on the ground and stared blankly at the ceiling. His face was filled with dejection.

"What's wrong? Did you fail again?" Li Mu's voice broke out at the right time from the outside, "How many times does that make it?"

"The third time." Qin Lie sat up again. "I've made six end products, and now I've broken three. Inscribing a spirit diagram inside a real artifact as opposed to just a spirit tablet really is different." He walked out of the small house and saw Li Mu drinking himself drunk under the night sky.

"It's pretty normal." Li Mu gave him a smile before motioning him over to sit. Then he said, "This counts as your first real spirit diagram inscription. It's always easy to fail the first time. The last time you mended the other party's diagram, you were inscribing while using their foundation, so it was easier in comparison."

"I understand." Qin Lie forced a smile. "It's just that things have been busy lately, and I'm in a hurry to succeed. It frustrates me to keep failing like this."

Li Mu frowned and first poured him a cup of wine. Then he suddenly noted, "You want to kill someone, don't you?"

Qin Lie's expression changed slightly, and he bowed his head and took a sip of wine. He did not rush to answer but instead quietly felt the burning sensation inside his throat.

Glancing at him deeply, Li Mu indifferently said, "I can see the murderous intent in your eyes. I've also heard a bit about the... situation outside as of late."

"Uncle Li, if you have to pay a terrible price to kill a person, should you do it?" asked Qin Lie as he lifted his head and looked into Li Mu's eyes.

"That depends on how much you want to kill him." Li Mu put down his wine cup and pondered for a few seconds. "If the murder in your heart cannot be quelled, if you have a reason to kill them no matter what, if not killing them is something you will regret for the rest of your life, and if you cannot face yourself if you don't kill them, then no matter how terrible a price you must pay, as long as you can guarantee your own life, you should try."

Qin Lie's expression shuddered. As if he had finally made up his mind, he said, "Thank you, Uncle Li."

Li Mu nodded his head and casually mentioned, "If Nebula Pavilion will not receive you, there is always Li's Shop."

Qin Lie felt warm on the inside, and he drank yet another cup of wine. He then looked at the change in the sky and said, "I'll be going back to Nebula Pavilion. Two of my friends... may be leaving in a short while." Once he finished, he got up and walked towards outside.

When he was about to walk out of the backyard, Li Mu suddenly said with narrowed eyes, "Commerce Street strictly forbids fighting, so as long as you hide in here, Nebula Pavilion or Shattered Ice Manor will not be able to do anything to you. Remember, if you really cannot find a way out, then you must come to my shop."

"Thanks Uncle Li," Qin Lie answered softly before finally leaving.

Li Mu's expression was the same as ever as he continued to leisurely drink his wine.