Part 18

Author's POV

The dark haired young man walked inside the room where his queen was deep in slumber.

His eyes were fixed on her lovely serene face as he shuffled quietly towards the king sized bed.

Bringing his hand up to caress her soft cheek, he was brimming with bliss, knowing that she was right before him.

He regretted putting her in a cell right after overtaking the kingdom. It was supposed to be a way of getting back at her for neglecting him and his kingdom. He was going to release her after a day or two, but he never imagined that she would do that.

His eyes fell on her rosy lips and he turned away.

Even though he truly loved her with all his heart, he still couldn't let go of the past. Every time he looked at the girl, he was reminded of his misfortune. He couldn't love her the same as he did before.

He felt suffocated once again and clutched his chest.

Cursing his own fate, he tried to hold back his tears.

He never wanted any of it to happen. He never wanted to hurt the person he loved the most. But, hatred and wrath blinded him once and no matter how hard, how desperately he wanted, the past would never change.

He placed a kiss on her forehead and tearfully choked out, "I love you, Y/N. I'm sorry."

This was the only time he could express his feelings towards her as he could never bring himself to dare love her. In his eyes, they were both guilty, and neither deserved to be happy for what they did.

Still, although he wasn't aware of it, his heart yearned to live happily with the woman before him, letting go of his grudges and sorrows.

However, he wouldn't let that happen ever.

Jungkook pulled the blanket up to cover her more, and turned on his heels and left the room.

He sniffled once and then wiped his eyes, putting on his cold facade to hide his weakness.

The following day...

The two royals of Leovalon was sitting around the table in the dining hall and having their breakfast in silence.

The female would steal glances at the man before her from time to time, sometimes locking gazes with him and instantly breaking it by looking down at her plate.

He sighed and placed his fork and knife down on the table.

"You have something to say?"

The girl nervously gulped down her food and shook her head a little.

He wiped his mouth with a napkin and stood up.

"I'm going to the town to resolve some issues today. Remember, you're not allowed to set foot outside the castle." His icy look made her shift backwards on her seat.

Her gaze lingered on his back as he walked away from the table.

Emptiness took over her and she couldn't help but miss the comfort she used to feel in Vuxaniel. She missed him.

She wondered if she would never be able to see them, considering how Jungkook almost controlled her like that.

Just the thought of it terrified her to the core.

"Y/N? Are you okay? Your face looks pale," Namjoon asked her in worry.

She shook her head and covered her face with her hands.

"Why did it have to be this way? Why?" She whispered.

She was suddenly reminded of her past with Jungkook. The sweetest, precious memories she held so dear to herself, but only painful remembrance now.

"It's my fault," she whimpered to herself.

Tears started forming in her eyes.

"It's my fault..."

* Flashback*
[A/N: We going ✈️ time travel y'all]

16 years ago...

The two children hid behind their parents and occasionally peeked out to take a curious look at each other.

"Come on, Jungkook. Go and meet your new friend." His father pushed him towards her.

The little prince took hesitant steps towards the big eyed girl and stood before her, fidgeting and playing with his tiny fingers.

"H-Hi... My name is Jungkook..." he murmured softly.

The princess eyed him carefully and smiled a little, blushing and waving her hand at him.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Y/N."

They stared at each other for a while and looked down, feeling a bit nervous.

"Why don't you show him your garden, sweetie. Go on and play now," her mother suggested, giggling at their cuteness.

Y/N nodded and held out her hand for Jungkook.

He bit his lips and gently grabbed it, following her out the door.

"So, how old are you?" The girl asked while walking.

"Uh, 6 years old," he stuttered.

"Wow. I'm 5."

All kinds of flowers greeted them when they walked through the garden. The boy was mesmerized by each and every one of them.

"Pretty, right?"

He nodded in awe.

"I like flowers," she giggled and squatted down, smelling a freesia. "My mom grows these."

His lips curved up at her cheerfulness and he sat down next to her.

She picked a freesia and handed it to him.

"Don't tell mommy," she whispered and grinned at the boy.

He snorted and smiled back at her. "Thank you."

A/N: So according to flower language, freesia symbolizes innocence and friendship.

The next chapter will be in your POV.

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 💝