Chapter Seventeen | Repercussions and Vulnerability

This book is based and inspired by the Originals, with a tinge of the Vampire Diaries. I suggest that you watch the shows to understand some occurrences.

All rights go to The Originals television show on the CW, and Lisa Jane Smith (the author), except the characters and events that are purely of my imagination. PLEASE DO NOT COPY, OR ELSE YOU'LL BE REPORTED.

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IF ANYONE IS COPYING SECTIONS FROM THIS BOOK THAT ARE OF MY INVENTION, PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

(EDITED)

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

The song of the chapter is: A Little More by Kaskade and John Dahlback (feat. Sansa)

Blue road, 

Half a mile, 

Distant wind from a eastern smile,

Long journey, 

Is that all I can get?

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

          CHAPTER SEVENTEEN - REPERCUSSIONS AND VULNERABILITY

     "WE HAD A DEAL!" Klaus shouts. "You protect my unborn child, I dismantle Marcel's army. And whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Hayley to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches."

       Sophie's eyes widen with determination to prove him wrong. " I had nothing to do with it, I swear. Hayley and I are linked, remember? She dies, I die. " I put a hand on my cheek, resting my arm on the sofa's armrest. "Then who were they?" I ask. "Who were the witches, supposedly under your leadership, who went against the deal and attempted to assassinate my pregnant best friend?"

        Sophie gives a small, defeated shrug. "They are a faction of extremists. Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby."

         "Vision? Sabine? When was Sabine here? Why was she here, talking to Hayley?" I demand. "I think, like, a week ago?" Sophie frowns. "She was looking after Hayley when you were at Marcel's charity gala."

       Another thing Hayley did not tell me, I think furiously. How the hell am I supposed to look after her if she refuses to tell me anything? Klaus cuts in, impatient. "What kind of vision?" Sophie rolls her eyes, as though the vision was of little to no importance. "She has them all the time." She says, gesturing with her hands. "They are totally open to interpretation. I'm guessing she's wrong on this one." 

       "Well, how, may I ask, was this particular vision interpreted?" Klaus crosses his arms. "Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all witches." She says noncomitally. Klaus smirks. "Ah. I grow fonder of this child by the second." 

      I have to crack a smile at that one.

      I sigh, returning to seriousness and lean forwards. " Listen, Sophie, I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson miracle baby whilst he tries to win your witch Davina's loyalty. Why don't you tell me just how extreme this faction is?"