Chapter 25

Jungkook

Jungkook glared at the woman behind the iron bars. Kim JeNa had finally been aught after several days, but that didn't relieve his anger in the slightest. 

"You came!" she exclaimed with a sickingly sweet fake smile. 

Jungkook watched Taehyung clench his fists as he sat down on the chair facing Kim JeNa. 

"The trial will be in about two weeks. It's over. Everything is over." he declared solemnly. 

"Oh, poor, innocent, Taehyungie,"

Jungkook practically growled at the way she said Taehyung's name.

"Don't you dare call him that."

"Let's remain calm, Jungkook-ah, okay?" the woman simply giggled to Jungkook's annoyance. 

"Taehyung-ah, do you really think that this will be the last you see me after the trial? Don't you know who I am? I may have lost the USB and the Jeon Company, but I still have all the money. It'll be a piece of cake to get the best lawyer in the country, and then boom, I'll be out of this disgusting place and things will get back to normal."

Jungkook narrowed his eyes and was about to retort back, when Taehyung grabbed his hand and gave it a tight squeeze. He wanted to confront her himself. 

"I know you believe that I can't possibly take all my possessions back from you, but reality check: I can. Actually...I already did."

Jungkook watched in amusement as Kim JeNa immediately stopped grinning in that creepy way of hers, face morphing into one of disdain. 

"You did not." she spat out, pure venom in her words. 

"I did. The kids are safe with me and a friend of mine already managed to reclaim everything that is rightfully mine. I'm the owner of the house, the money, and the possessions, now."

"YOU LIAR!!" Kim JeNa screeched, grabbing the iron bars with her handcuffed hands. 

"Well, I'd better be off. I don't want to upset you any further...mother." 

And with that Taehyung left the room hurriedly. 

Jungkook turned to the woman who was seething, eyes cold and face pale. 

"Oi, woman. You realize that Kim Namjoon, Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Park Jimin, and myself, Jeon Jungkook is on Taehyung's side now? Think about this for a moment, even if you were able to somehow manage to get the best lawyer in the country...we'd get the best lawyer in the world for him." Jungkook smirked in satisfaction when Kim JeNa screamed at him to leave, and he did exactly that. 

When he left the room, however, he immediately noticed Taehyung pale-faced and hands trembling. Instantly he was by the elder's side, gently taking his hands. 

"What's wrong, babe?" Jungkook stammered. 

"I-I just...I just can't believe it's over. Is this a dream? Jungkook-ah, will I wake up and find out that reality hasn't changed at all?"

Jungkook sighed, and cupped the angel's cheek, guiding it so that Taehyung would look up at him. 

"Angel, what did I say about that? This is not a dream. Kim JeNa will never bother you again. And we can finally be together with no other worries. Okay?"

"O-Okay."

Jungkook smiled endearingly, and leaned down to press his lips softly against Taehyung's. 

"Love you, Hyung."

"Ggukkie! This is the police station! You can't just-mmph"

Jungkook interrupted the elder to capture his lips once more, this time the kiss lasting a little longer than before.