Chapter 15: "Awakening Fears"

.:Art Done by Alpha-Maia:.

Sans grinned at your confusion, "what's wrong sweetheart?" He asked tauntingly.

"Sans, shut up. You are very drunk." You muttered.

"just 'cause i'm drunk doesn't mean i don't know what's goin' on." He let out a chuckle that soon turned into a couple coughs.

You crossed your arms and made eye contact with him, "What do you mean?" You asked in annoyance.

"ya feel bad for me, how sweet." Sans' grin widened.

You sighed and looked to the side, "Yeah, because I know how hard you must be struggling." You said softly.

You must have said something wrong because Sans' eye sockets became empty and his face became cold and emotionless.

He stared right at you, his gaze made you feel insignificant and alone.

"you have no idea how much i'm struggling... you can't even imagine what it's like to have never seen the sun!" He growled.

"everyday you take every sunrise and every sunset for granted, but us monsters would kill to see them." He added angrily.

What he was saying was very true, you had in fact taken the sun for granted. Everyday it came and went but you never thought anything about it.

"You're very right Sans..." You sighed and continued looking away.

Sans sat on his bed, his single red iris reappearing in his eye socket. He looked at you with so much anger that you wondered if he has hated you this much the entire time.

"and freedom is right at the tips of my phalanges, why can't i take it?!" He beat a fist on his mattress and covered his face with his other hand.

"we're all gonna die... me, paps... you..." And that's when you began to hear him crying softly.

You walked a bit closer to comfort him but he held out his hand signaling you to stop.

"leave," He growled.

You stood there for a second and his eye flared a bright red and he bared his teeth, "go!" He yelled.

You nodded and ran outside his door, you slammed it shut and ran to the staircase.

You weren't sure if Sans was just in a drunken rage or if he really meant everything he just said. You assumed it was most likely the latter though.

You hurried down the stairs and when you got into the kitchen, the timer on the oven went off.

"GOOD TIMING," Papyrus commented.

You laughed, "I'd say so." You smiled and walked to the oven, not daring to mention what Sans had just talked about.

You grabbed a potholder and opened the oven, you got your 'breakfast lasagna' out and set it on the stovetop. It looked pretty good! But, you can only hope Papyrus will like it.

"Now we wait for it to cool," You backed away from the stove and grabbed your coffee you had abandoned on the counter. You happily took a sip and set the mug back down.

"YOU MUST REALLY LIKE COFFEE." Papyrus remarked.

You nodded slowly and smiled, "It was a part of my daily life back on the surface." You explained.

"AH, SO YOU HAVEN'T HAD IT IN A WHILE?" He asked with a phalanx tapping on his chin.

You nodded,"Yep," You responded.