[ 15 ]

Note: this chapter ties into the earlier ones where I introduced Josie as a Leglimens. There's not much to know on the subject, (Queenie is my favourite Leglimens), so I've kind of embellished/made stuff up in this fic so don't kill me.

LIVING IN FRANCE HER WHOLE LIFE, Joséphine was used to warm weather

LIVING IN FRANCE HER WHOLE LIFE, Joséphine was used to warm weather. She had lived
in one of the only Magic only villages in the world, magicae prosperabuntut. Latin for Magic Prosper, Joséphine had grown up surrounded by magic. Located in the South-East of France, bordering onto Italy, Joséphine was also used to sunny days and warm weather. It was why she was tan, compared to her new friends, in the first place.

Hogwarts was much different.

It seemed to always be cold here, and instead of the bright beaches she was used to, instead there was the gloomy black lake that apparently a giant squid lived in. Suffice to say, even after spending weeks settling in, Joséphine was still no more used to the weather than when she first came to the UK.

Joséphine had always been sensitive to temperature, especially when it changed.

Her first night at Hogwarts, she had been awaken by her roommates who thought she had been dying when, in the middle of the night her nose bleed like no tomorrow. Of course, Lily had been the most stricken over it and had forced her to go see Madam Pomfrey, despite Joséphine assuring everyone that she was fine.

Joséphine came to realise that Lily always worried about her friends. She was the mother hen of the group, who would fret over anyone who remotely showed symptoms of being ill. Even now, as the girls were outside walking near the black lake, with the Marauders tagging along of course, she was fretting over Joséphine who was shivering despite wearing three layers.

"Look at your nose Josie!" Lily screeched as she pat Joséphines hair down once more. "It's so red! We have to get back inside."

"Leave her alone Lils, she just needs to get used to the cold is all." Marlene cut off Lily's smothering, her arm hooked in Dorcas' who was wearing light layers and not cold at all.

Sirius looked over at the witch in question and could see just how cold she was. Her usually golden skin was a sickly pale and her lips seemed to be turning purplish by the minute. Without thinking about it, he shrugged out of his favourite Leather jacket and threw it around the girls shoulders, waiting for her to pull her arms through, he made sure to zip it all the way up to make sure the warmth stayed inside.

"There we are," he smiled as a small blush rose on her cheeks. "That should keep you warm."

"What about you? Won't you be c-cold?" Joséphine stuttered, her teeth chattering as a small gust of wind blew past the group. "I don't want to be responsible for you being sick."

"Don't worry about pads," James spoke up from his place beside Lily. "He never gets cold, must be due to his canine tendencies."

Joséphine stared at James in surprise that he talked to her. He had been ignoring her for weeks, opting to never be around her if there weren't more than four people, and never engaging her in any conversation. Of course, Joséphine understood why he was doing it, but they were in the same predicament at the moment and she only wished he would talk to her about it so she didn't have to carry around the awful weight on her chest alone.