Chapter 1

1.

Gia Rose.

"I don't like him. What are you seeing him later for?" Desmond asked me once we were in the driveway. We were just leaving my parents house, after I had a run in with Alejandro.

"I'm not, I think he was just saying it since he's working with my brother and dad right now." I said and he frowned. "Who is he to you again?" He asked, his face frowning a bit more.

"He's a nobody. We went to high school together for a little while before his family moved away. Our dad's are like brothers." I explained. "Hey, he's nothing to worry about. Everyone is just a little excited he's back. It's been a really long time since anyone had seen him." I added and he nodded.

"We're going back to your place?" He asked wrapping his arms around my waist. "Yeah, that's fine. I have to work in the morning so you can't stay too late." I said and he nodded.

"Alright. I'll follow you." He said, as I went to my car. I noticed Ciaen's BMW pulling in behind my Mercedes, and smiled. "I'll be right back." I said rushing off, before he could say anything.

I got into the passenger seat, before she could get out the car and she looked at me, bewildered. "What's wrong with you? You could have gotten shot just now." She said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Bitch, shut up! Guess who the fuck is in there!" I said yelling slightly. "Ooo you got some tea? Who is it?" She said, and I sighed and sank down in the chair. "Alejandro." I said and her jaw dropped, reflecting my own emotions.

"What?! I know you're lying!" She said hitting the wheel accidentally making the horn blow. "Hell no, I was just as shocked as you are. I was shooketh. Thought I was seeing things." I told her.

"Did you two talk? Did you curse him out? Beat him up? Something!" She said and I laughed at her extraness. "We talked a little, argued a little more. He's the same old Ale. Desmond showed up though, and interrupted it." I told her, leaving out the part where he tried to kiss me.

"Damn, he's here?" "Yeah, we're about to go. You're going to have to move." I said and she rolled her eyes. "No. You're not leaving yet. I'm not moving." She said, and I groaned. "Ci!" "I need to see the two of you in the same space with my own eyes. I need to see the tea. Desmond can wait a few more minutes." She said and, I gave her a look.

"Ciaen! You're just as bad as my mom. She had the nerve to call him her son." I said and she laughed. "I'm sorry, I know we're supposed to hate him. But honestly I thought you'd be crying if he came back. You're cool right now. I can be messy Mya." She said, and I punched her arm.

"Let's go." She said getting out the car. "Babe, I'll be right back." I told Desmond as Ciaen and I went back towards the house. "Yo lets go." He said, and I knew he was annoyed. "Five minutes." I said and Ciaen pulled my arm dragging me back towards the house.

"He better calm his attitude before I don't move until I'm ready to leave." She said, making me give her a look. "You think I'm playing Gia, and we'll be here all night, plus I'll call Sharon to pull in behind me." She said and I laughed.

"She's at work tonight." I said speaking of our other best friend. "She'd pull up for this tea. Don't act like it isn't steaming." She said as we made it inside. We went toward the kitchen, and I felt my heart racing slightly hearing Alejandro's voice as he talked to someone.

We went in, and I saw him sitting at the table with my dad, and Gabe, and went over to the stove with my mom. "You decided to come back?" She asked, and I leaned across the counter backwards feeling Ale's eyes on me.

"Ciaen is being messy. Like you were earlier." I said and she laughed. "I'm sorry. You know how I am though." She said, and I rolled my eyes. "I thought you were loyal. Played by my own mother." I said and she rolled her eyes.