Chapter 2

2.

Gia Rose.

"What do you have planned today?" Desmond asked me as he began to get dressed. "Nothing really. Sharon, and I talked about going shopping, but she may have to work." I answered him from the bed. "Cancel those plans with her, and we can go out today." He said, making me smile.

"Really?!" I asked, slightly surprised. Lately he had been tight on us with saving, and we hadn't really done anything out of the house. "Yeah, I know shit has been rough between us lately. I know it's my fault. I'm sorry, I'm letting all the stress I'm under affect us." He apologized.

"I know things will get better. Where are we going?" I wondered, as I got up to go to my closet. "I was thinking brunch, and then ice skating." He responded, and I smiled thinking how romantic it would be. "Okay," I responded. I grabbed a sweater and jeans out of the closet before I laid my outfit on the bed, and went to get in the shower.

I took my clothes off, feeling some residual soreness from the fight Desmond and I had a few days prior, and it was starting to take a toll. We argued frequently, but lately we had been trading a few hits, nothing too serious, or different from our usual bullshit, but it wasn't a trend I wanted to continue.

We got into an argument, about me not having my ring. I completely forgot that Alejandro still had it, and I made up a lie that I had left it at my mom's house after we were cooking during the family dinner.

He argued that I was too distracted, by Ale's presence that I may have been hiding him. I tried to get him to understand that I could care less about him being back. Desmond didn't like me around guys much, so I knew from the beginning it'd be a problem.

I looked down at my ring finger, and looked at the ring that I got from Alejandro. I frowned, looking at how nice the diamond was. I was no stranger to fine jewelry, and the way the light hit it, at every angle, made it look like water. I knew it had to be worth four or five times the amount Desmond's original ring cost, and I was hating myself for loving it.

I never threw my wealth in Des' face, and it was never my intention to make him feel like he wasn't good enough for me. My parents had set up a trust fund for me after I graduated college, however I only used it for bills, and life expenses. I also worked at Selange's practice during the week where I had been picking up experience for my resume ever since I started med school. I used that money for occasional shopping, and whatever else that I wanted to do.

I'd have to say if I didn't have my trust I'd still be doing well. The savings that I had started as a teen had built up, and I was doing ok. I had been declining on the way I spent money, and what I bought. I was used to certain things such as designer clothes and nice jewelry, but I didn't want Des thinking I needed or had to have those things.

I loved them yes, but they weren't things I had to have. What I was learning anyway. I rushed to get into the shower catching myself staring at my ring too long, and finished getting ready. I went back into my bedroom, and got dressed before I looked at my phone, and saw missed calls from Sharon, and my mom.

I decided to call Sharon back first, and she answered quickly. "Hello," "Guess who switched her schedule." Sharon spoke into the phone making me groan. "Oh man, I thought you were going to have to work. Des and I have plans today. Maybe we can link up tomorrow." I said, hearing her sigh.

"I guess. Maybe we can hang out tomorrow." She replied. "Definitely tomorrow. You, Ciaen, and me can go get our nails done, and catch up a bit. Maybe drinks, and dinner too?" I suggested. "That sounds good. I can tell you about Ian." She said, referring to her boo.

"Okay, I'll text Ci later to let her know." I replied. She agreed, and I hung up before I called my mom back. "Hello, ungrateful daughter." She answered, making me roll my eyes. "Really?" "You left me in the cold, while you and your father had dinner without me. What's that about? He won't even tell me." She said, and I laughed.