- Not calling to sell a fridge -

Warm and cosy from the blankets wrapped around me, my eyes slowly peered opened. I was in my bedroom. Well, that is unless I was abducted by a creepy fruit loop and locked away in a room that was replicated to mirror my untidy habitat, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case... I think.

I narrowed my eyes, stare landing on the messy pile of clothes dumped on my computer chair. Yeah, definitely my bedroom.

How'd that happen? Last I checked I was awkwardly sitting on the couch, trying to focus on a movie, some dramatic action flick with exaggerated explosive scenes, that I couldn't for the life of me focus on, all while sitting at a distance from Theo...

I snapped my head to my left and pulled a face.

Where was Theo?

Why was I slightly hoping for the cliche scene of finding him softly sleeping beside me? Disastrous wish! More importantly, because I'm just going to ignore that I had that previous thought, how did I magically end up in my bed?

I pushed myself up, shoving the blanket off me and rushing to my bathroom. Last night, after the kitchen moment, was, well... uneventful. It was nerve wracking and awkward, for me, not him. Of course he'd be calm and unreadable. He literally sat there, not at all uncomfortable or indifferent while I was side-eyeing him the whole night and trying to wrap my mind around what went down.

Worst off all, I was wanting something to happen, but I didn't make any move or effort to initiate any interaction between us. So ridiculous of me. It's sad to want that but after what went down in the kitchen, it just didn't make sense that we'd go on like nothing happened, watching a movie and not even talking. Heck, not even throwing nasty words at one another!

Somehow, at some point I fell asleep and here I am, staring at my messy brown hair and mouth full off toothpaste.

Rushing down the stairs, I halted, noticing a certain tall, male figure at the corner of my eye. I slowly popped my head into the living room, ready to attack when my eyes widened.

I didn't expect Theo to still be here, but there he was.

Why the frickity frack was I relieved to see him?

Not saying a word, I slowly entered the lounge room and watched as he finished up tying his laces. He glanced up at me as he got up from the couch, adjusting his jacket.

I stood awkwardly.

He must've read my expression, answering my unsaid words as he raised his brows and said, "Yes, I put you in your bed last night, and yes, I slept on the couch. Don't freak out over it."

"I wasn't going to," I muttered, glancing around the living room. I felt bizarre knowing he had stayed the night, on my couch. He could've left anytime... but he didn't. "How come you're still here?" Not the nicest thing to say but I was just confused!

Confused by a bundle of things. My emotions, him... the situation... him.

"A thank you would be nice."

"Thanks."

He tilted his head and grabbed his car keys off the coffee table. "I'm still here because last I checked, someone didn't like staying alone last night with her brother not here." He shot me a pointed look.

I pursed my lips. "Well, it's daytime now so I should be fine alone."

"Of course," He breathed out, moving towards me. "I wasn't planning to hang around."

I covered my expression. Oddly, I was let down hearing that.

He gave my face a study before passing and heading towards my front door. "See ya later, Cora."