39

"Oh, I know that."

A breeze floats by, prodding you to bring the coat closer.

Taehyung leans over the boat once more to capture the subtle waves of the sea. With every ripple the surface generates, it leaves a trail of snowy puff-like champagne.

Silence becomes one with the atmosphere.

Then it doesn't.

In a tone underlined with hesitation, Taehyung says in a slight murmur. "I like you." Then it's followed by a pause.

From the dancing flutter the ocean displays, he shifts those firm eyes to connect with yours.

"I like you." This time when he speaks, it's unswerving.

Genuine and firm. Taehyung takes in a deep breath, unflagging eyes remain connected with yours. "I have for a while now."

In an instant, tension rises in between.

"Woah." You say in strained disbelief.

You look away first, gripping the edge of the boat as you take in a steady breath.

You can almost taste the salt of the ocean.

"I uh... I don't know what to say."

"If you're only knowing this now then I guess I wasn't obvious enough."

Taehyung tries to place some ease with his statement yet it does anything but that.

Swallowing a lump, you return his coat and take a step back.

He observes with a steady gaze as you fumble with your words, fidgeting fingers fighting for ease.

It's hard to look him in the eye right now.

"I need to go back."

Stunned by your statement, Taehyung clenches his coat and whispers in undenied constrained disbelief. "Back?"

"Yes, back. I need to go back home."

"Y/n." Face softening, Taehyung takes a step forward so that he's standing close to you. "If this is about me confessing, you can forget about it. I just felt like getting it off my chest- since you know me. I hate keeping secrets."

You force yourself to look up. "Are you sure?"

"Of course, Y/n." He sighs, fluttering his gaze towards the lit rooms. "It's getting pretty late. By tomorrow morning, we'll be back home."

Taehyung captures the look on your face and chuckles softly, simultaneously tucking a hair behind your ear.

"Don't worry about me, Y/n. Run along now. Or I might be tempted to keep you all to myself."

He may be joking now, but the emotions in his eyes are as clear as day.

You force yourself to look away, disappearing into the rooms after murmuring a good night.

The very next day, Taehyung kept his word.

He brought you safely back home.

But he couldn't stay.

His mother was waiting for him back at his place.

And so was someone in particular.

But before Taehyung could leave, he left you a present.

It's been three days since you've last seen him now.

Three days since he left.

And although you were the one who rejected him, it felt as though you were the one who got rejected.

Lisa smacked your head when you told her.

You felt like crying for no apparent reason.

It felt as if all the world's burden had fallen upon your shoulders.

Taehyung's always had a special place in your heart.

But things were never meant to turn out this way.

How would you know he would catch feelings?

As you proceed to ponder over stressful things, something else's taking place in a Deagu.

The weather's hotter than usual.

And Taehyung's got a visitor over.

The gate opens and a black car glides in, circling the fountain before stopping in the middle of the entrance.

Taehyung waits for him to step out, and when he does, a one sided smile contours his face.

Light bounces off the silver rings coating the man's fingers when he rakes them across the waves of golden blond.

A smile that could retain any lady's heart makes itself known upon the outline of his pink lips.

"Tae." The cheerful man skips to where he stands and they engage in a handshake ritual, ending it with a brotherly hug. "Didn't think you'd actually come back."

"You underestimate me too much."

"You can't blame me now can you? Oh and by the way. Where's this beautiful fiance I've been hearing about? You got to introduce me to her."

"She's inside."

"Sweet."

"Chim?"

"Yeah?"

"It's good to have you back."

Jimin throws an arm over Taehyung's shoulders, patting him two times on the chest. "It's good to be back."