Chapter 16

Zarah's POV

'Phase 3: You guys are definitely friends now so this will be quite easy or hard. You get to choose that. All you have to do is find out why he told you not to enter his side but stay in yours. This will determine whether we will carry out the last phase or not.'

The third phase of the plan was short but hard. How would I carry out this phase or plan at all? I didn't even know if the plan would work out in the end or not. But I had to keep my hopes high. I didn't want to disappoint my parents. Not now or ever.

Forget about that and let's go back to the main topic of the day. Ayyan had invited his friend and his wife for dinner and I didn't even know what to cook or what to wear or how to act.

"Ahhh!" I screamed loudly, causing Ayyan to enter the room immediately.

"What happened? Why did you scream? Is something wrong? Are you okay?" He bombarded me with questions, a concerned look on his face.

"Calm down, Mr. Detetective. I'm fine. When did you start caring about me?"

"I don't," was his simple reply before he stormed out of the room. Why am I so stupid? Instead of me to tell him a sweet reply now I made him leave the room. It was only going to jumble up my mind even more.

An idea came to me suddenly. Why didn't I call Muna? But then I remembered how I abandoned her plan so I decided to call Aysha.

***

Thirty minutes later and Aysha is now sitting on my bed munching chips and typing away on her phone. 

"What is your use if you're not going to help me choose what to wear or what to cook?" I demanded furiously because the girl had not been helpful from the moment I called her. She told me to calm down she'd arrive soon and help me out. Now that she was here, I didn't see how she has helped in any way.

"Gee! Calm down woman, I'm even searching for fancy food you can cook for them and you're saying I'm not helping. Fine I'll leave." She started packing her things attempting to leave, but instead entered the walk-in closet instead. "Stop pacing up and down the room over a small issue. I'll help you choose."

Aysha came out with two beautiful dresses, they were all long gowns. The first of the two was a straight peach colored dress with ruffles at the top which made the dress look elegant. The other one was a strikingly gold dress with sequins on the top and a flowy bottom.

After much thought and debate, I went with the gold dress because it looked nicer on me when I tried them on.

"Since we've found the perfect dress, let's get cooking," Aysha yelled, clapping her hands like a 5 year old.

"Grow up Aysha," I said with a slight shake of my head, "and do you even know what we're going to cook?"

"Yes, I know. Just come with me."

For appetizers we decided on Hot roast beef party sandwiches and cranberry meatball, Lasagna and chicken salsa for the main course and for dessert we chose to make an Ice-cream cake.

Five hours later and we were done. Aysha convinced me to make more food, so I added brownies and a special fried rice I learnt from my mum. Suprisingly, Aysha was a good cook, too. She told me that Momma taught her everything she knew. Aysha left a few minutes ago and I went upstairs to have a nice warm bath.

It was around 7 in the evening when Ayyan came back from work. I was already dressed and everything was ready much to Ayyan's suprise. He told me that they would arrive in half an hour, before he went upstairs to freshen up.

Ayyan came back downstairs ready and looking devilishly handsome in jeans and a white button-up shirt. His hair was gelled but ruffled to add an effect. My husband was just Masha Allah.

The doorbell rang and I stood up to go and open the door. I reached the door and turned around. "What are their names?" It was at that moment that I realized I didn't even know their names.

"Waleed and Yusrah."

I opened the door with a huge smile on my face. "Welcome," I greeted them. I stepped back and ushered them in. Ayyan was waiting for them in the sitting room. I didn't have time to assess their looks not that I had planned to anyways.

"Thank you so much for inviting us. We wanted to come for your wedding but we were on our honeymoon," Waleed said, a smile on his face.

"So you are the famous Zarah, I've heard so much about you. I was so excited about meeting you 'cause I was shocked when I heard Ayyan got married on a short notice," she said. "I can see why now." She winked at me and gave me a hug.

"Thank you so much. You are very pretty too, Masha Allah," I said,  a polite smile on my face. I blushed because I didn't get complimented much, especially from beautiful people like her.

"I see you've met my wife already," Ayyan broke the silence once they have settled down.

"Yes we have, and she's very beautiful and welcoming. You are so lucky," Yusrah said.

"Let me get you guys some snacks and drinks. I'll be right back." I stood and left for the kitchen when I heard a thunder clap. Oh no! I hate thunder. It scares me and doesn't allow me sleep.

I brought them the snacks and we chatted for a while. They also told me that they are not from here which was they hadn't come to visit earlier. Ayyan invited them to the dining room to eat dinner and we all went there.

"Wow! What a spread," Waleed exclaimed, obviously impressed.

"It looks amazing Zarah. No wonder Ayyan is getting fat." Yusrah commented.

"Well, let's start." I was a little nervous whether they're gonna like it or not. But now I'm relieved.

"Try it. Her food is the best food I've ever tasted all my life." I cannot believe what I'm hearing.Is Ayyan complimenting me or did I hear something else. He never told me whether he likes my food or not all he does is eat.

Dinner went great. Everybody ate and laughed, even Ayyan much to my surprise. They were ready to go back to their hotel when a thunder storm started. Uh-oh. "You guys cannot go back to the hotel. It's raining heavily and it's also late. You won't be able to see the road." Ayyan mentioned. "We have no other option Ayyan, we have to go back all our things are there."

"Well, there's only one option." I said, "What is it?" Yusrah asked eagerly.

"You guys have to stay here for the night."

***

Alhamdullilah!❤️

Thank you guys so much for 5k reads. Words cannot express how happy I am right now. I wouldn't have made it far without your support and most importantly patience. ❤️

The cover was made by an awesome friend and one of my biggest supporter. Thank you so much for the cover. I love it❤️. Sameen1212

If you loved it, please vote, comment and share!

~R.