Forty-two • Tricked

Queen Felicity Lowell's Point of View

As soon as Dimitrius pulled out from my neck, I dropped to the ground, feeling weak. He said something through my mind but I couldn't understand him. My body was failing me, every nerve in my system felt like exploding.

How could he?

I thought Dimitrius cared for my life yet I was wronged.

But I couldn't blame him either. I would rather die if it means that the vampires get to live and so does Katherine's life being healed.

My visions were blurring out, I was trying to stay conscious, to fight and show Seraphina that I am anything but weak.

Then, I heard a spiteful chuckle.

"Oh, Dimitrius, what have you done?" I heard Seraphina chuckle. My whole body convulsed with pain. His bite felt like fire and ice on my skin.

Dimitrius looked at me with worry in his eyes. "Feel it, Dimitrius. Feel your mark on her neck slowly vanishing."

He let out a huge growl as I screamed in pain. Dimitrius could feel everything I was feeling. "You thought that by acting dead, I'll be convinced? I'm not a fool, Dimitrius!" She laughed.

"Didn't I just tell you, your touch is lethal."

"I will kill you, " Dimitrius spat and lunged towards her. The next thing my eyes saw was Dimitrius on top of Seraphina, gripping her neck with so much force.

"Go ahead, kill me but remember, I die, Felicity and Katherine die. My spell, remember?" She said.

"Dimitrius, kill her, " I whispered. I needed the man I love to be free, free of anyone caging him in darkness and if it means to exchange my life for his, I will.

I waited and watched.

In a second, Seraphina was gasping for air as Dimitrius let go of her neck. He ran towards me and held my head in his hands. "Hold on, please, don't die, " he begged.

"The ever so dramatic, Dimitrius Stone, " Seraphina said in spite. "What do you see in her that's not in me, Dimitrius? I love you, isn't that enough to let her go and spend your life with me?" She pathetically said.

"I would rather die with Felicity and everyone else than spend a second with you, " he said. Dimitrius kissed my lips softly before slowly putting me down on the floor.

"Is that what you want?" Seraphina asked. "What kind of villain would I be to fulfill what you want, Dimitrius?"

The pain increased, making my fists clench and harder to breathe at every moment. "Dimitrius, " I called out, hoping for anything to stop.

"It hurts so much, " I cried, earning a laugh from Seraphina.

"Either way, she's slowly dying, Dimitrius."

I looked behind me, trying to see a sense of hope and when my eyes landed in Katherine's figure, my blood ran cold. She looked deceased yet her chest still showed a sign of breathing, she was still fighting.

So I took that at my faith and believed that no matter what happens, today is not my day to die.

"Just kill me, Seraphina, " I weakly said. "Kill me and Dimitrius will be yours, " I added.