Epilogue

Ariana stood at the shore with her bare feet buried in the wet sand as rain poured down on her. She tilted her head back and let out a sigh as the rain fell onto her face with her eyes closed.

It had been exactly a year since her mum passed away and two weeks since she and Jace officially got married. Jace had suggested leaving the family's island to go back home so she could visit her mum's grave but she didn't want to cut their honeymoon short and mess with all his plans. So she told him she'd go visit the grave when they got back home.

"Green." Jace's voice called from the house behind her.

She looked back and saw him approaching. She turned her face back to the rain and quickly muttered a prayer upward.
"Love you, mum." She said, "Say hello to dad."
Lightning flashed in the dark night sky and she smiled just as Jace arrived wrapping his wet arms around her, his front to her back.

"I need to get you inside babe." He muttered with his mouth on her head.

She nodded, turning around and they headed back to the house with her arms around his waist and his arm around her shoulders. They climbed up the stairs to the porch and Ariana paused outside the door just as Jace moved to open the door but turned to look at her.

"What?" He asked confused.

"We're dripping." She said, "We can't..."

"Don't even finish that sentence." He said pushing the door open and turning to pick her up, bridal style.

"Jace." Ariana blushed as she remembered when they arrived there on the first day, he had picked her up the same way and taken her to their room where he had his way with her.

"Better one than two." He said as he slammed the door with his leg and took her to their bedroom ensuite bathroom.
Dropping her carefully to the floor, Jace couldn't take his eyes off her.

"You need a warm shower."

"We need a warm shower."

He smiled at her,
"I'll go get us clean towels." He said walking out of the bathroom

Ariana unclipped her hair and pushed back the wet strands that stuck to her face. She pulled down one strap of her tiny silk nightgown that did nothing to hide her erect nipple as a result of the rain. Just as the strap slipped past her shoulders, Jace walked back into the bathroom and stopped at the entrance as his eyes landed on her. She froze just like she did every time he looked at her like that. With so much love, passion and desire she could hardly breathe.

Jace sucked in a breath as he watched her from the doorway. That short silk white nightgown with one strap off her shoulder couldn't be any more transparent. It did nothing to hide her body. From her collarbones to her erect nipples poking through the sheer material to the outline of her thong. He had been the one to add thongs to her underwear collection, but when they arrived there the first night, he had been shocked to find a different selection, nothing he had picked, he would never have picked something so vulgar and tempting, ok maybe but damn!

He shut his eyes tight and warded off his thoughts.
"You're killing me." He groaned.

He didn't know if she wanted him with today being her mum's death anniversary and all. He didn't want to make her do anything when she was vulnerable.

He opened his eyes to find her smiling at him temptingly as she slid the other strap off her shoulder. The nightgown pooled at her feet and he sucked in a breath as he took her in standing there in only a red thong. He had seen her so many times but still, he got so mesmerized by her every single time.

Jace dumped the towel in front of the sink as he stalked to her yanking her into his arms and crashing his lips to hers. He sucked so hard trying to drink her deeper into him.
"Forget the shower, I'll keep you warm." He said as he lifted her into his arms and took her back into the bedroom placing her gently on the bed as he followed on top.