EP 14: JUST TELL ME

Episode 14: Just Tell Me

As I neared the hut, I noticed the door wide open. Alex must have arrived before me.

I halted in my steps when I heard a giggle. I was already in a karate stand, ready to kick any clown that starts chasing me.

I felt something tug my sleeve, and my breath got caught in my throat. With low cautious moment, I looked down to the source of the giggle and tug.

A pair of green dough eyes stared right back at me. She tugged my shirt downwards, she looked about 5 or even 4 years old.

Going onto one knee, I was now at her eye level. I never liked children, their whining cries along with their spoilt character.

But somehow this 5 year old was making me curious. I didn't pass my mind how weird it was to find a 5 year old alone in the forest.

She just gazed into my eyes as though it was the most interesting feature in the world.

" Your eyes are blue...and green. They are so prwetty!" She conclued with a cute grin.

" Thank you angel, what's your name?" I couldn't wipe a smile off my lips.

" Angie!"

Realisation hit me, it all made sense, Alexander must have brought her here.
" I guess you met Angie already." A gorgeous looking Alexander walks towards us, and without a second passing, Alex scoops Angie into a warm hug.

He throws her in the air before catching her once more, peppering kisses all over her face which causes her to let out that adorable giggle.

I take the chance to admire the way he treats her, and the way he smiles at ger with so much...love.

Placing her back on the ground, he gives me a hug.
" Are you alright?"

" Overwhelmed I guess." I shrugged, unsure of how to put the whole incident across.

Taking a seat by the doorstep of the hut, he starts setting my a bonfire while Angie skips around the place in hope to catch a butterfly.

" I hope food over the bonfire is good enough for dinner, I didn't--" he shyly added on.

" It's perfect Xander, really. I'm already so grateful you could spare your time for me."

" Well...that's what friends are for."

I nodded weakly. It was closing in to about 7 p.m., as the sunset begin to set.

" I'm sorry I had to bring Angie along without letting you know."

" It's fine. I'm usually not a child-lover but she's different, like a little angel." I smiled at the sight of her collecting a bunch of dandelions.

Xander grilled sausages over the fire, and dinner flew by rather fast with Angie talking half the time.

" I love dolphins, I want to sit one of them so that we ride all over the sea." She skipped around Alexander and I with a stick of marshmallow in her small hand.

I found beauty in how innocent and pure her childlike mind was.
" Sweetheart, come on take a rest." Alexander placed her on his lap, leaning her head on his chest.

It didn't take long before we heard her soft snores. I had my eyes glued on the sparks of fire that illuminated the darkness.

" You wanna talk about it now?" Alexander broke the silence.

" Well...to keep the story short -- Kayden kissed me, I realised Kara is Kayden's sister and that you were actually Kayden's friend in the past."

Being the Alexander he is, he only heard what he wished to take notice of.

" Kayden kissed you?!" I nodded, my head hung low anf my mind was fuzzy from all the chaos of that day.

" Xander, just tell me the truth. I know I said I would wait but don't you trust me? How do you know Kayden?" I hated to be kept in the dark, and with the thought of Alexander bottling it all up makes me go crazy.

I followed his eyes, he pushed a few strands of Angie's dark blonde hair aside, slowly running his slender fingers through her hair..

" No, I'm sorry Gabriel. You're not ready for it, but I need you to know that for the past month...you've impacted me so much. Angie and you are one of the most important people in my life right now." His fingers graced my chin ever so softly, that small gesture made my heart race.

Now, I was gazing right into his warm fiery brown eyes, the ones I instantly feel for, that one sided attraction that I wpuld have to live with.

His fingers still carassed my cheek,
" I can't believe Kayden kissed you..."

"Stop Alexander, please just stop." I looked away, my voice cracking.

I stood up abruptly, my emotions tied into a knot of incomprehensible mess.
" What did I do?" His eyes softened at the sight of my glossy ones.

" S-stop making me feel like we have a chance. Stop bringing my hopes so high and then calling me a friend. J-just stop playing with my feelings." I swallowed hard, pinching my nose to let out my frustrated sigh.

I couldn't look at his broken expression, I knew he was feeling as torn as I was.

" We have known each other for more than one and half months...and I never felt this way before Alexander. It scares me how intense these feelings are." I gripped the ends of my hair, feeling my adrenline rush.

" I just need to know one thing...." i trailed, catching my breath.

He placed Angie's head against his bag so that she could lie on it like a pillow, below he walked over to me.
" Just tell me whether you like me?" I was at my very last straw -- I never knew love could make you this exhausted and helpless.

I just wanted all of him, was that so hard to ask for? I was made the way I am, and screw me if I had indescribable feelings for him.

He was a step away from me, he shook his head. His eyes were cold and distant.

" I don't like you Gabriel." That was all it took to make every inch of fall apart. To hear him say that, it was so raw, so brutal to my heart.

I couldn't accept it. I couldn't accept the truth. I always thought I was incapable of loving someone, maybe this isn't love? If it isn't, then explain to me when I feel those sparks?

Those sparks are wrong to feel, to enjoy but yet it feels so right. And only Alexander could do have such an effect on me.

His fingers wiped away the hot tear that rolled down my cheek. Alexander brought his hands to cup my cheeks, to make me look into those copper honey eyes.

" I don't like you...I love you Gabriel Harris."

□□□□□□

// Hey loves! //
I hope you like my story so far, it's something new since I never wrote lgbt books! I'm absolutely open to feedback and remember to comment and vote if you liked it!

Tell me what you like about any of the characters! 💦

I'm also really sorry for the late update, my examinations are approaching and I'm drowning myself in piles if books. :/
I hope y'all have a great week ahead and thank you so much for the support so far!

You guys have my heart,
🏳️‍🌈Celine!🏳️‍🌈