Ch 7 | Proposal

EDITED

Ch 7 | Proposal

Mirae |

Dongwook blinked his eyes rubbing his eyes and pinching his arms with his mouth gaped open. Mrs. Jeon stopped her conversation and blinked her eyes multiple times just like Dongwook. Kookie handed me the milkshake taking his sit and continuing killing zombies on his phone.

It looks a very rare moment for everyone.

Mrs. Jean cleared her throat going back conversing with my parents. Dongwook leaned in and whispered "you need to look sideways. Always." He looked left and right winking at me. This kid is probably stalking an admirer.

"Good afternoon, am I late? " A man in his mid-twenties stood by the grand door, he looks awfully familiar and a bit similar to Kookie's features. He wore an Armani business suit, polished clean shoes, an expensive Rolex watch and —and a massive diamond ring on his left ring finger. A wedding ring?

Mrs. Jeon smiled standing up walking to the men "I'm sorry to introduce so late. This is my husband Mr. Jeon —founder of Jeon enterprise and Big Hit entertainment" The slurp of my milkshake has made some weird farting sounds but this time no one cared.

I'm in the Jeon's mansion, inside their property, sitting in their $9 million dollar dining room, next to their expensive kid with Mrs. and Mr. Jeon in front of me. My lifeu is about to get cracked upside down. My parents stood up bowing down just I did the same with respect.

"Aish! No need for any formalities. I'm a human being just as any other —wether poor or rich" Mr. Jeon smiled sitting opposite Kookie with Mrs. Jeon. He smiled at Kookie in which he ignored continuing his game. Mr. Jeon looked sad but he covered it quickly with a bright smile.

I wish I could do something to help with Kookie's rare condition.

But on the other hand —Do you guys know how it feels like to meet a celebrity out of reach. Someone high up near God himself —or maybe the sun. This feels like a dream. Their expensive kid is right next to me. It looks like a famous celebrity is talking to me now. I'm dreaming.

Should I ask him for a selfie? I won't have a chance later in life. Maybe a picture with Mrs. Jeon and Kookie I'll become a half-celebrity as well. I think I have 99% charge on my phone; this is bad I need to charge it 1% can make a lot of difference-

"Oy"!

"Yo," a sharp pain stormed on my foot. I glare at Dongwook "Mr. Jeon asked you a question" he whispered. Huh?

"So, you have a way of getting my son's attention, magic?" he joked laughing a bit. I nod clearing my voice. Say what?

"N-no, sir" No! That came out too squeaky. He let out a laugh just as some young maids came out placing different dishes and desserts on the table. My mouth started to water, I wish I could devour all these goods but I'll look like a poor person. Posh people eat so s-l-ow-ly.

No one attempted to take the phone away from Kookie just as everyone started eating. It is very informal to eat like that. "Kookie, you shouldn't eat while on the pho-"

"Mind your own business" he glared at me. Luckily his parents did not notice the little convo or it would've been embarrassing. I won't say anything kids in the 21st century are on another level unlike the olden days –Aish! feel so old.

"But I've noticed it" Dongwook whispered chuckling devouring the chicken with his bare hand. Talk about manners.

"Ms. Lee Mirae, what grade are you in now," Mr. Jeon asked cleaning the sides of his mouth with a handkerchief. Rich people.

"Ms. Lee is fine sir. I'm in grade 8 I'll be going to grade 9 in a few months after my final exams" I replied proudly of my studies and previous results.

"Do you know what you'll be studying"

"I am thinking of studying Psychology. Originally I hoped to study fashion and arts but we don't have the kind of chance to get me admitted to a college like that in the future" I smile sadly. I'm still fond of that dream.

"Oh my god! really? I own a whole walking closet with my own designed Gucci and some Chanel outfits" Mrs. Jeon clapped excitedly continuing further with the topic. "I was hunting of proposing something but now I have a better opportunity for you Mirae"

Yes, I know Mrs. Jeon, you're a walking goddess to the eyes of the other celebrities. 

My parents and I look at her questionably. 

She nods her head at Mr. Jeon "I thought about it a lot of time and confirmed with my lawyer and Kookie's doctor —it may be very sudden, the reason of this very sudden dinner is to associate some ideas with you Mirae"

The excitement is bubbling up in me. Wonder what it is the moment she opened her mouth my thought was how blunt she is "I'll give you some time to think about it so-"

"...I would like for you to nanny my son"