Auntie Stina and Uncle Fitz

Thank you all for continuing to read and review! I hope you guys enjoy this story. WE'RE AT 1K! Thank you guys so so so much. I know this update is SUPER late, so I'm sorry. School is crazy and I've had writer's block. Sorry x a million. What do you want the 1k special to be about?

~A. Brooks

July 21st, Present Day, Alternate Universe, Early (early) Morning

Sophie's POV:

"Mommy, someone's hailing you!" was what I woke up to at 3. In. The. Morning. The sun wasn't even rising yet. 

"Why are you up?" I yelled back, then snuggled my face back into my pillow. I was perfectly comfortable in my haven of pillows and blankets, thank you very much.

Loud footsteps pounded down the hall. "Mommy! Good morning!" someone hollered as they belly flopped onto my face. Loud giggles rang in my ears as sweaty palms pulled at my hair.

"Good morning to you too, Mimi," I groaned, opening my eyes to find a little girl absolutely covered in white powder. Grumbling, I rolled over and stood up, staring at the absolute mess before me. There was a cloud of white covering everything in the room, and judging by the state of Naomi's clothes, she had probably brought it in here. I turned to her, annoyed and maybe just a little bit amazed at how a 5-year-old could make such a mess.

Naomi stared at me sheepishly, hiding her hands behind her back. "I mesmerized Malik and Favian into dumping flour everywhere," she said innocently. "So really it's their fault. I mean, they did it and all."

"Naomi," I scolded her. "Clean it up, and don't do it again. Really, that was very stu-"

"Brilliant," Keefe interrupted me, causing me to jump. When had he gotten there? "Absolutely brilliant, Mimi. How on earth did you manage to have enough control to keep your brothers mesmerized? Very well thought out."

I whirled around and glared at him, full force. "Don't you dare, Keefe Sencen, don't you dare."

He backed up a few steps, holding his hands up in the air. "I'm innocent," he said nervously, obviously scared out of his head. Good. I nodded in satisfaction. An appropriate response.

Naomi smirked at Keefe. "Daddy, are you scared?" she teased, drawing out the word. 

"Am not!" Keefe yelled at her, picking her up and swooping her through the air, causing her to shriek and giggle.

"Put me down, put me down!" she laughed, beating her fists in the air and swinging her legs. "Daddy!" she whined, her hair flying around as Keefe tossed her up towards the ceiling and caught her.

"So, Naomi, who's hailing me?" I asked, gesturing for Keefe to put her down with a swift change of the subject. 

Naomi held out my imparter-which was miraculously not covered in flour, and smiled super wide. "Uncle Fitz!" she proclaimed, handing me the imparter.

"Uncle... Fitz?" For once, Keefe was at a loss for words. His face radiated shock, horror, and also... amusement? That was so... Keefe. Only he could laugh his head off in these kind of situations.

"I'm sorry?" I asked in shock. Because if Fitz was her uncle then that would mean a whole lot of weird stuff like him marrying Amy or if I had a biological sister that I didn't know about or-

"You know, Auntie Stina's husband!" said Naomi, interrupting my frantic thoughts with a big grin. "The mean old grumpy lady who you pretend you're friends with!"

Keefe stopped laughing for one blissful sentence. "Auntie Stina?!" he choked out, before starting to laugh hysterically again, clutching his stomach as he doubled over. "Fitz could've done so much better than that ugly-"

"KEEFE!" I shouted, glaring at him. "Let's not refer to our dear friend Stina that way, right, darling?" I questioned threateningly, leveling my gaze at him.

"But mommy, you're not friends with her," reminded Naomi, grabbing at my skirt and peering up at me with her innocent, childish gaze.

I suppose that we must've been quite a sight, Keefe rolling on the floor, me looking down at him with disdain, and Naomi tugging me on my skirt. Not to mention that we were all coated with flour.

"Naomi, give me that," I snapped, grabbing my Imparter from her hand. "And Keefe, get your filthy butt off the floor before I remove it forcefully." Somebody had to take charge in this mess!

"Yes, ma'am," said Keefe solemnly before sneaking a wink at Naomi, who giggled.

"Don't think I didn't see that!" I said primly before stomping out of the room, only to be stopped by a cloud of white. Spitting out flour, I turned around slowly. "Who threw that?!?" I yelled menacingly. 

Naomi pointed at Keefe, who looked at me guiltily. "Technically, it was her idea," he told me, "even if I did throw it."

"Goodbye!" I said forcefully, practically running out of the room, eager to get out of my suddenly terrifying bedroom. I could hear Keefe and Naomi laughing behind me, but I just wanted to hail Fitz, torture them (maybe), and then sleep. Was this what being an adult was like? Suddenly, I felt sympathy for Grady and Edaline.

I held up my Imparter and spoke clearly. "Hail Fitz." I waited until a familiar face filled the screen and finally breathed out for the first time all day.

"Sophie!" Fitz exclaimed. "I've been waiting to see you. Are you covered in... flour?"

I blushed and twirled my hair around my finger. "Well... it's a long story," I mumbled, suddenly embarrassed. 

"Can you meet Linh and I at Havenfield tomorrow?" asked Fitz, still smiling (and obviously internally laughing at my disheveled appearance).

I nodded, not really listening to what he was saying. Had his eyes always been that teal? Had his hair always been that styled? Had his jawline always been that chiseled? I felt like I hadn't seen him in forever. 

"Sophie," said Fitz, drawing my attention back to the present. "I'll meet you at midnight?"

"Oh! Yeah," I replied, confused at what was happening. Did we make plans for a slumber party or something? "Um... remind me where again?"

"Havenfield," Fitz told me, not getting angry or annoyed that I hadn't been listening. 

"I'll see you there!" I said cheerily, only to recieve another bag of flour to my head. "Keefe!" I shrieked, whipping my head around to find him and Naomi laughing at me. Again. "I swear I will kill you!" I screamed as they ran away. "I will hunt you down, Keefe Sencen! Don't think I won't!" I added when he stuck his tongue out at me. 

I turned back to my Imparter, still covered in white powder. "Sorry about that," I apologized, only to find that Fitz, too, was laughing at me. "Not you, too!" I grumbled, before ending our conversation on a very abrupt note. 

Then, I stormed down the hallway, ready to torture Keefe and Naomi and quite possibly hang them from their toenails in the basement until they begged for mercy. Oh, were they going to get it.