:: P R O L O G U E ::

PROLOGUE: The Pines

my girl, my girl don't lie to me tell me where did you sleep last night. In the pines, in the pines where the sun don't ever shine, I'll shiver the whole night through.

Violet

That poster

That poster.

God I fucking hated that poster.

I tipped the remnants of my Red Bull into my mouth and scrunched up my nose in distaste. Babes in a crash...selling out is becoming a fad and rock and roll barely had blood in its loins...so to speak. I heard Ozzy's an actor now or was that Howard Stern, can't be sure. The record store wasn't exactly thriving but it pays the bills and with the mini stage being renovated it'd be back to it's glory days.

"Vee just the violinist I was looking for" I rolled my eyes playfully when Collin Fischer tapped the counter, effectively disrupting my glaring match with the heinous American Satan poster that we were made to endorse. His lanky frame leaned against the glass as his grin sporting lips cradled a toothpick, he wore the classic black tee and denim combo every edgy teen knows and loves. Collin was my brother's friend who had an interesting taste in music which in turn lead to our companionship.

"Collin the loitering loser I wasn't looking for" I smirked humoring his presence. He rolled his eyes playfully as he scanned the shop. Nothing unusual just the regular teens hanging out with their cliques and skimming through some albums that they surely aren't gonna buy.

"So...Queen Boadicea at 10?" he asked flicking through some records as he did so. I opened my mouth and shook my head, I had completely forgotten about his offer. He'd asked me a week ago and I did tell him I had to think about it but I guess it slipped my mind. I puffed out my cheeks and pursed my lips, I wasn't doing anything at 10 and summer doesn't last forever so I might as well make the most out of the vacation. Queen Boadicea was a rather decent bar and I know for a fact my brother would be there...ah what the heck!

"Yeah, yeah sure why not? The shop closes at 8 but I have to swing by our house and change, I'll just meet you there" I chuckled actually excited by the fact that I was invited to Queen Boadicea of all places. The Boadicea was famous for having the almost-famous-but-not-quite-yet bands playing at their stage. I've dreamt of performing in it for quite some time now.

"Well uh, I was thinking that I'd pick you up and we go together actually" he grinned sheepishly. I furrowed my brows but nodded in understanding well yeah no duh, I'm not on the guest list of course I have to wait for him. It's good of him to take initiative.

"Yeah totally, I mean of course how would I even get in. That's some advance thinking buddy that way we wouldn't wait around for each other" I smiled and Collin returned it with one of his, slightly faltering when a guy patted his shoulder and chuckled.

"Good thinking buddy" the guy laughed before tapping his drumsticks along the counter and heading for the exit. He was a new face, I'm pretty sure I'd remember someone who purchased a pair of Vic Firth's. I didn't give much attention to it but instead discussed the details with Collin.