5

...

"BUILDING A FIRE IS bullshit. Let's just freeze to death."

"Great idea," Ella replied," let's just die in the middle of the woods."

"I feel like you've gotten more sarcastic over the last hour, babe," Alex said as he leaned over the dry twigs they had gathered," or is that just me?"

"I think she's sweet," Will said," El helped us with the tent."

"I think she's annoying," Levi said from his position seated just outside the tent, one arm resting on his pulled up leg.

"I think you're arrogant," Ella said," but I keep that in as well."

"No, you don't," Levi frowned.

"Oh, yeah, you're right actually."

Their day had passed faster than Ella would've thought and to her surprise she had actually laughed out loud multiple times already. When her mother had sent her here she had expected it to be more of a punishment, though she supposed having to hold her true identity back was one in itself. Alex gave up on his sixth attempt to get the fire started then, sighing exasperatedly as he let himself fall down on the grass.

"I'm done with this," he said, before glancing her way," you know, we could just keep each other warm tonight, babe."

"I'm sure Will is more useful instead," Ella said," he's a ray of sunshine."

Will beamed at her and she couldn't help but smile back. She hadn't wanted to become friends with anyone here really, but damn, Will made it hard. The guy was considerate and sweet to boot; honestly, she found it hard to imagine someone could dislike him at all.

"I have a feeling you like Will more than me," Alex pouted," it breaks my heart."

Ella rose in a fluid move, walking towards the tent as she spoke. She had been sitting opposite Alex until now, watching the chaos unfold with great amusement as he tried to get the fire to burn.

"I don't think it does," she said amusedly.

Surprise flashed in Alex' eyes, but he immediately concealed the emotion again. Before he could say anything though, Ella threw something at him from the tent.

"Here. This is probably faster."

Alex caught it in the air, before looking at the silver lighter in his hand.

"I forgot about this," he exclaimed.

"Yeah," Ella said," I thought you did, seeing as you tried to do this manually just then."

"You knew this," Alex said indignantly," and you just watched me struggle?"

"You were a scout once," Ella shrugged," I had high hopes for you."