fifteen.

[ play song at the top for chapter ]
A/N: 15k reads this is crazy holy. wow thank you. I wasn't planning on updating, but then I remembered I may not get to since hurricane florence is hitting me.
+++
thirteen more days.
+++

I woke up with a pounding headache. "Ow." I groaned to my side. There was a note on my bedside table. I squinted and read the cursive letter.

"I know you went to the party last night. You probably drank some so.. There's Tylenol and some water here for you. - Maddie xo"

I smiled at the note. "Thanks maddie." I whispered to myself. I laid the cylinder pill on my tongue and drank the water, closing my eyes as I swallowed.

My phone started to buzz.

Johnny: Hey cutie

Johnny: Hey cutie. Can I take you somewhere today?

Me: Well that depends, where? :)

Johnny: That's for me to know..

Me: Okay. What time should I be ready?

Johnny: In like one hour?

Me: Um okay. That's a little short?

Johnny: Maybe I just wanna see you?

Me: Stoooop:) Let me go get ready.

++I flat ironed my hair and put it up into a slick ponytail

++
I flat ironed my hair and put it up into a slick ponytail. I put on a white T-shirt with a long denim jacket. I grabbed my red converse and jumped on the bed to slip them on.

Johnny texted me: I'm outside:)
+
I ran down the stairs. "Mom! I'm leaving." My mom walked over to me. "You've been going out a lot lately." She said smiling. "Yeah, I know." She hugged me.

I slowly hugged her back surprised by the hug. "I'm proud of you honey." She said. "Thank you mom." I smiled. She let me go, "Have fun."
+
Johnny was waiting outside of the passenger side. He looked up from his phone, and a smile formed on his face. I walked towards him and hugged him.

He kissed my cheek. "You look beautiful." I smiled, "not too bad yourself." I said before getting into the car.
++
Ten minutes into the car ride I laid my hand down on the arm rest that separated me and Johnny. He looked down at my hand and laid his on top of mine.

My cheeks started to become warm. "You're blushing." He says as I look down. "There's no need to hide it, you look pretty."

"You're going to kill me with all these compliments. You're a little too perfect." I laughed.
++
The car stopped in front of a big movie screen. "Oh my gosh. A drive in?" I smiled. He nodded, "Yep."

"This is so pretty." I sighed. I'm so happy right now. Johnny makes me feel like I'm the only girl in the world. My heart is so warm and fuzzy.

He grabbed a blanket and pillows from the back of his car. "There's chips and drinks in the back, if you don't mind babe." He said to me. The word "babe." made my heart tingle, but he said it with ease.

"Mhm." I said going to the back to grab the chips. I heard laughing to the left of me. I turned my head seeing what looked like Dylan and Nessa cuddled up on a blanket.

I slowly walked over to them.

"Nessa?" I said. She turned around, "O-oh, hey Kenzie." She lightly waved.

Dylan turned around. "Hi." He simply said. "What are you doing here?" Nessa asked. "I um, came here with Johnny." I said looking to the back of me.

There was silence.

"You guys have fun." I said smiling.
+++
Do I like Dylan? Of course not, but do I find it weird that Nessa went after him right after we had an altercation?

Yes.
+

I sat down, my legs criss crossed. Johnny laid the second blanket on top of the both of us as the movie played. I opened the bag of jalapeño chips.

Johnny looked at me. "Don't eat them yet." I looked at him. "Why?" I said wanting to eat.

Fireworks started to shoot into the air causing the movie to pause. I stood up and smiled. "Woah." I giggled.
++
Johnny's POV.
I watched the world light up in her eyes. Her giggles that left her mouth as if fireworks were the prettiest thing she's ever laid her eyes on in her life.

I pulled her into me, "I love you." Our foreheads touched. "I love you too." She smiled.

I closed my eyes and leaned into her soft lips. As the fireworks got louder I deepened the kiss, holding the side of her face.

I was completely in love with her, and every time I saw her, I fell in love with her more, and more everyday.

If I don't succeed, she has thirteen days left. I don't even want to put into my mind of what the world would be like without her in it. I love her so much.
++
Dylan's POV.
I watched the fireworks shoot into the air. I looked over at Johnny and Kenzie who were already making out.

I looked down and sighed.

Nessa rubbed my shoulder. "It'll be okay. You'll get a chance.. I'll make sure of it."