Volume 2 Part 3: The Alliance

[UNEDITED]

Host, wake up. HOST! 

'U-uhhh-' 

On the cold ground, lies Shuren.  His backside hurt so bad, and he was freezing to death. The young 2nd Prince, unexpectedly captured him.

'System, do you know how I got captured? And why.'

System, you got shot by an arrow by the 2nd Prince himself while on the way back to the palace. As to why, system cannot provide an answer to this question. 

'Did Gong Mu get back to the palace safely? And Rong Mui? And Song Ai?'

Yes, host. 

Suddenly, Shuren felt chills on his back. As if something bad was about to happen.

His premonition was right, as a fifteen year-old 2nd Prince came in, his expression unreadable.

The inner woman in Shuren shrieked, 'why is he so handsome!?' He had straight diagonal eyebrows, his eyes looked like the depths of hell, his sharp nose complemented his high cheekbones and his natural nude-ish lips that cracked in the cold weather. He's just ethereal. In contrast to Shuren with a white lotus appearance, the 2nd Prince Gong Yu. 

Shuren never found out a single information about the 2nd Prince from the Story Plot because he died before Gong Yu's appearance. But now, things has changed and this caused Gong Yu to appear much, much early.

He gulped but in the 2nd Prince's eyes, he looked like a prey about to be eaten.

"Huo. Shuren. Do you know why I personally captured you?" His voice sounded even more beautiful. Shuren thought. He mentally slapped himself for thinking this. 'He's just a fifteen year old boy. WTF, Tiu Zhelan? Calm your freaking self.'

"Uhh. No, obviously." He shifted from a scared prey to a little fox too fast, which made Gong Yu think that it was all an illusion. 

"I know all about the Huo's schemes. And I also know about your relationship with the Crown Prince. Oh, and I know you have a hidden agenda in befriending the Crown Prince." Shuren was shocked.

'System what is he talking about?'

The 2nd Prince thought you befriended the Crown Prince to be a spy for the Huo family. The actions you made in the past weeks made Gong Yu think that his theory was accurate. 

'Dang I thought he was smart. Tsk tsk his beautiful face is just his asset.'

... 

'System, what's the best option in this situation?! Help me please! TuT'

I advice host to make an alliance with Gong Yu. 

'But then I am going to betray the Crown Prince.' Shuren thought this was a bad idea.

If you side with Gong Yu, you'll be safe and your family will be safe as well. Chance of main mission completion will be 90%. If host sides with Crown Prince, Huo family will be in danger. Completion Chance will be 10%.

'What a dilemma. If you say so, System.'

Shuren immediately put on his cunning act, "So you're a knowledgeable one, Your Highness." He smiled like a devil fox. Which made a contrast to his white lotus face.

"You're a cunning one yourself," Gong Yu said. "I'd like to keep everything straight to the point. Let's form an alliance. I will keep the Huo's schemes and I'll bury it to the ground If I successfully dethrone the Crown Prince. You know how high the Huo family's rank in the palace." 

Shuren smiled. "I knew you were going for an alliance. Well then, I assume you have sent a letter to my Father?"

Gong Yu found this Huo Young Master Shuren very interesting. 

"By the way, did you have to kidnap me for this?" Shuren wore a very confused expression. Gong Yu can only laugh.

On the Crown Prince Manor...

"FIND HIM! IF ANYONE CANNOT FIND HIM BEFORE SUNRISE, I WILL HAVE TO PERSONALLY EXECUTE THEM!" Everyone cowered at the Crown Prince's order. You could say Huo Shuren's disappearance changed him. The ever-so-jolly Crown Prince never smiled for weeks. Then finding out about his "best-friend" Shuren's disappearance, all hell in him break loose.